“The Tennessee Walking Horse National Celebration Starts Today.”
IF YOU CAN GET THEM IN, KEEP THEM IN
PURPLE STRATEGIES PRESS RELEASE FOR THE CELEBRATION – AUG. 21, 2013
“Shelbyville, TN ““ The Tennessee Walking Horse National Celebration (TWHNC) marked the start of its 75th annual Tennessee Walking Horse Celebration today. Known as The Celebration ®, it is the world’s largest and most prestigious event celebrating one of Tennessee’s most historical and iconic assets ““ the Tennessee Walking Horse. The event is an 11-day festival in Shelbyville, TN, in which over 2,660 horses compete in 180 classes, and concludes with the crowning of the World Grand Champion Walking Horse on August 31st.
(WHOPPER ALERT #1)
“The Celebration marks the culmination of a remarkably successful year for the walking horse and those who love the animal and the sport,” said Mike Inman, CEO of TWHNC. “Compliance is as at an all-time high and cooperation with the USDA could not be better. It is exciting to be celebrating a milestone anniversary after such a successful year.”
THE TRUTH TO WHOPPER #!
* SUCCESSFUL YEAR??? – NOBODY IS COMING TO THE SHOWS.
* THE CELEBRATION ANNOUNCED IT HAS LOST close to $1,000,000.00 IN FIVE YEARS
* SHOW HIO IS IN DEBT $560,000.00
* 2013 CELEBRATION OPERATING LOSSES PROJECTED ABOVE $500,000.00
* CELEBRATION/SHOW HIO SLAM DUNKED BY FEDERAL JUDGE IN USDA LAWSUIT
* COOPERATION WITH USDA?
* DID YOU ACCEPT THE MANDATORY ‘MINIMUM PENALTIES” OR LITIGATE WITH USDA OVER THEM
“With ticket sales to nearly 160,000 fans from more than 40 states each year, the economic impact of The Celebration on Middle Tennessee’s economy is comparable to a NASCAR race and bigger than the Music City Bowl and the Country Music Marathon. Wallace Cartwright, the mayor of Shelbyville, TN recognizes the huge impact that The Celebration has on the local economy: “The Celebration is the single biggest economic driver to the City of Shelbyville.” The economic impact on Shelbyville and Bedford County by the Celebration event alone has been estimated by a recent survey to be approximately 40 million dollars annually.”
TRUTH TO WHOPPER#2
* SHOW US THE MONEY
* BOXES BEING TURNED IN – PEOPLE BEING LURED TO SIT IN FIRST FIVE ROWS
* WHERE IS THE LIST OF FOLKS RENTING THEIR HOMES LIKE THEY USED TO?
* YOU CAN GET A ROOM AT A LOCAL MOTEL WITH NO WAITING LIST
* NASCAR RACE?
* MUSIC CITY BOWL?
* PURPLE LADY CHRIS MATHER WHO HAS NEVER BEEN TO A CELEBRATION IS TRYING TO ANALOGIZE A RACE AND A BALL GAME WITH A 11 DAY EVENT. HEY CHRIS, WHY DON’T YOU CHECK INTO SOMETHING CALLED “BONNAROO”
“The Celebration’s impact on the community is both economic and civic. In addition to the $38 million impact on Middle Tennessee’s economy, the Celebration helps civic clubs raise nearly $400,000 for local charities annually.”
TRUTH TO WHOPPER #3
* WILL THE CELEBRATION KEEP THE $400,000.00 THE LOCAL CIVIC CLUBS RECEIVE TO COVER ITS OPERATING LOSSES?
* HOW CAN THE CELEBRATION LOSE ALMOST $2 MILLION OVER 5 YEARS AND KEEP THE SAME PEOPLE RUNNING IT?
“The Celebration names over 40 World Champions of the breed and the festival culminates in its main attraction, the crowning of the World Grand Champion ®, on the Saturday before Labor Day. The total purse for the World Grand Champion class is $50,000 with $15,000 awarded to the winner. Additional activities include a barn decorating contest, trade fair, dog show, and concerts.”
The events’ highest priority is placed on the safety of the horses. In that vein, the Celebration is associated with the SHOW Horse Inspection Organization (HIO), which is known for the strictest inspection process and strongest penalties in the business. This year the SHOW HIO has inspected at 85% of the walking horse shows in the country and had a compliance rate of more than 98% this year.”
TRUTH TO WHOPPER #5
HERE IS A COMPARISON OF USDA MANDATED PENALTIES VS. SHOW HIO PENALTIES(FOSH Compilation)
Unlike the Celebration’s SHOW HIO which decided to fight the USDA tooth and nail, other major HIOs accepted the USDA Mandated Penalties. Some of them include:
Walking Horse Owners Association (WHOA);
Friend Of Sound Horse (FOSH); I
International Walking Horse Association (IWHA);
National Walking Horse Association (NWA)
Western International Walking Horse Association(WIWHA)
Missouri Fox Trotter (MFTHBA)
Oklahoma Walking Horse Association (OWA)
Racking Horse Show Association
DQP Services HIO
And Chris, THE REASONS SHOW HIO Penalties are NOT the “strongest penalties in the business” is they do NOTHING to the OWNER and also the soring offenses are wiped away at the end of the year and the OWNER starts over with a clean slate. Of course, the Owners pay the advertising bills and Trainers bills. So when you start making things difficult for owners to enjoy the “sport” , it might just be too good for this Guy’s advertising business.“HERR” DAVID L. HOWARD – THE GREEN MAN ON THE THRONE BEHIND THE GREEN CURTAIN
MORE TRUTH TO WHOPPER #5
* IS THIS THE SAME SHOW HIO WHICH DIDN’T ACCEPT THE FEDERAL MANDATORY “MINIMUM PENALTIES?”
* IS THIS THE SAME SHOW HIO WHICH SUED THE USDA TO STOP THE MANDATORY “MINIMUM PENALTIES?”
DIDN’T WHOA HIO AND INTERNATIONAL WALKING HORSE HIO AND OTHERS ACCEPT MANDATORY “MINIMUM PENALTIES”
* HOW CAN YOU SPEND APPROX $500,000.00 FIGHTING PENALTIES WHICH ARE TO STOP SORING AND AT THE SAME TIME SAY YOU ARE FOR STOPPING SORING?
Purple Strategies, Chris Mather,
Chris, I am NOT going to allow you to mislead the public on behalf of the Celebration management like PURPLE STRATEGIES attempted to do last year.