CHATTANOOGA, TN – in his Saturday column appearing all over the United States, and internationally, http://www.chattanoogan.com/2013/10/19/261666/Roy-Exum-Landslide-Horse-Poll-Pleases.aspx Roy Exum reported on the landslide HR 1518/S. 1406 PAST Act poll results where 63% of the TWHBEA members voted for the Prevent All Soring Tactics Act which would remove the pads and chains from the Tennessee Walking Horse.
Exum was critical of the “Big Lick” and commented on the Jackie McConnell debacle of soring and beating horses so they could be “trained” to behave properly during HPA inspections.
Exum reported “The trainer’s association, for instance, to infested with those who have broken the Horse Protection Act in the past and the THWBEA is almost as bad. When
Pat Stout mailed out the reply cards with the help of an anonymous donor, she was immediately vilified by the breed registry and now faces disciplinary action.
Asked why she did it, Pat Stout
PAT STOUT – Blue Ribbon ‘Winner
said, “I thought it was really important for everybody’s
voice to be heard.”
Of approximately 7,000 members of the TWHBEA, the public accountant Stout hired to tabulate the results received 1,795 returns
with 1,132 in favor and 663 against. “I had no idea how the membership would respond but that is almost two-thirds in favor the Prevent All Soring Tactics Act, HR 1518/S.1406. I am greatly encouraged by that and believe our Board of Directors should take notice of that.”
Stout’s purported sin was trying to look out for these guys, and let the TWHBEA members have a direct say on HR 1518/S. 1406, P.A.S.T. Act presently before Congress.
Brother Roy Exum has been on this Tennessee Walking Horse debacle like a pullet eating sow for the last 18 months.
- Columnist Roy Exum Cuts To The Chase!
Stout is being hailed as a heroine after what has been described as a “lynch mob” of Big Lickers within the TWHBEA leadership has attacked her for what they describe as her “rogue” effort. “We have had state directors who didn’t vote the way the members in their state wanted them to vote,” she told a Nashville reporter several weeks ago. “We’ve never reached out to our members and actually let them vote like this.” Asked if she felt the true horsemen and women in the Walking Horse industry would be successful in efforts to rid the repeated evidence of soring, she said she was unsure. “It is now a felony to abuse a horse in Tennessee but we know that some trainers still do it. I believe getting rid of the pads would really help but these (Big Lick) people have found a way to get around every rule we’ve tried.
“I think it is important that we make sure everybody is involved. I felt like our Executive Committee and our Board of Directors was sending a mixed signal to the membership of the breed registry.”
“Now we can say that a group (TWHBEA) representing two-thirds of us is for the Prevent All Soring Act that is currently in Congress and the Senate.
That certainly sends a message to those who will vote on the bills,” said Pat Stout.
- December 8, 2013 “WE, THE PEOPLE” HAVE SPOKEN – THOSE GRUMPY OLD MEN CAN MOAN, GROAN AND STRAIN, BUT THE TRAIN HAS LEFT THE STATION – THE MAD LICKER FOLKS DOWN AT TWHBEA ARE FIGHTING A LOSING BATTLE – AND THEY WILL REALIZE IT SOONER THAN THEY THINK – IT’LL JUST TAKE ONE TRIP TO WASHINGTON, DC
- October 8, 2013 GREG COOK, CPA, ESTIMATES 20% OF ELIGIBLE TWHBEA VOTING MEMBERS HAVE PARTICIPATED IN PAT STOUT’S POLLING INITIATIVE ON HR 1518/S.1406, Prevent All Soring Tactics Act
- October 5, 2013 PAT STOUT CHAMPIONS TWHBEA MEMBERS RIGHT TO VOTE ON HR 1518/S. 1406 – SURVIVES “LYNCH MOB” ATMOSPHERE – ATTORNEY OBJECTS TO ATTEMPT TO RAILROAD HIS CLIENT
- January 1, 2014 BILLY GO BOY – THE 2013 – “PROFILES IN COURAGE” AWARDS
- September 23, 2013 FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – PAT STOUT, VICE PRESIDENT -HORSE SHOWS, – POLLS TWHBEA MEMBERSHIP ON HR 1518/S.1406