LEWISBURG, TN – The reign of King Steve Smith and Sir Walt Chism has been under way for one month. Their coronation took place on December 7, 2013, and it perhaps fittingly, occurred on the anniversary of Pearl Harbor.
The two confirmed sore Big Lickers took office after a Monday night massacre of the TWHBEA nominating committee in which two members resigned in protest.
Heckuva way to start out a regime.
The dynamic duo, referred by some as the Neanderthalithic Porcines, affectionately referred to as the “Warty Old Male Chauvinist Pigs”, have been doing some low level rooting around rearranging the deck chairs on the Titantic.
King Steve and Sir Walt ascendeth apparently blissfully ignorant that TWHBEA is now a majority Pro Sound organization.
They are being bombarded with letters and emails from “unhappy” TWHBEA members and Directors.
Their idea of public relations with the Peon members and Directors is say “Go away Peons, we’ll handle this”. “thanks for ur note”
One is the VP – Fiscal Affairs Christy Lantis has over 25% of her California constituents petitioning for her removal as Director,and a meeting to remove her has been set.
Smith and Chism have made an oppressive policy decision that in order to protect the sore Big Lick, that they are not going to allow secret written ballots to be counted by a CPA, and they are going to require the California members to travel to Lewisburg in order to be able to vote on Lantis removal.
Sir Walt Chism spent a bizarre week after Christmas doing his best “Judge Judy” imitation in “Internetchat Court” before the covers were ripped off exposing a weird bunch of his quasi-legal pontifications which basically said, “our way or the highway approach – like it or lump it” – all wrapped up in the guise of Chism holding the power and making pronouncements.
King Steve then weighed in with a “Lordly” abrupt, semi-rude dismissive response, in which the King told his subjects to “just go way and let the King handle matters”. “thanks for ur letter”. its somewhat hard to picture a $3 million dollar Senatorial Campaign Finance Chair as President of an 8,000 member association responding to members erudite and detailed letters in such a fashion.
“I inherited this matter when you elected me President twenty days ago”. “It troubles me that … we are wasting precious resources squabbling among ourselves.” … so saith King Steve The First.
What King Steve apparently doesn’t realize is THIS is what he inherited:
Nephew Eugene hears the California folks are considering a number of possibilities:
- Busing in from California.
- Filing suit against TWHBEA to put at issue the oppressive acts against TWHBEA members taken by King Smith and Sir Walt to set a precedent. Apparently King Steve and Sir Walt are concerned that the following NOT Sound directors, among others, could be next up for removal:
- Denise Bader Keyser – who shows sore “Big Lick” horses in the United States and whose constituents voted 100% Sound members. Bader Keyser is a Christy Lantis disciple.
- Everett “Butch” Allen – Texas – whose TWHBEA members voted 78% for passage of the PAST Act. Allen inspired the Poll Map so King Steve and Sir Walt could understand why the members are not going to accept the “all disciplines” junk if all disciplines means trying to legitimize soring horses.
- Debbie Hennemann – Missouri – whose TWHBEA members voted 63% for passage of the PAST Act. Hennemann beat Caroline Hoffman by one vote, and since her election, has demonstrated being apparently unaware of TWHBEA Directors are elected by secret written ballot rather than members having to come to Lewisburg.
Meanwhile, Congress is back in Session, and HR 1518, Prevent All Soring Tactics Act, is going to most likely pass the House late this month.
SHOW HIO is defunct, and it’s 64 days until the Trainer’s Show.
Nephew Eugene is hearing that Greg Cook, CPA has severed ties with TWHBEA, and King Smith and Sir Walt are trying to hire a CPA.
All this in only 30 days wrapped around Christmas.
It makes you wonder what the next full 30 days will bring.