THETA, TN – Every once in a while a person steps forward and makes a difference.
Everett ‘Butch” Allen from Houston, Texas is such a man.
Butch is a newly elected TWHBEA Director who provided the impetus for the detailed breakdown of the HR 1518/1406 Poll results depicted on this Map:
And for that, everyone should be grateful.
But just as importantly, Butch has become quite a sage
Here’s some down home “Everett “Butch’ Allen” speaking on the subject of “California Gate”, the American way and his desire to purge the TWHBEA membership of 63% of its present members. That would leave about 2,800 members.
“As for this BOD I say that in matters that are as serious as this, that the by-laws need to be followed. The meeting needs to be in Tenn. Rick and Fran’s effort’s are obvious. They are trying anything that they can to disrupt and divide TWHBEA members. They are trying to force their will and support of the HR 1518, S1406, or the Whitfield Act on the TWHBEA membership. In opposing Rick and Fran my actions are also obvious. I will continue to work for the support of all Tennessee Walking Horses ( not just the barefoot keg shod horse). I will continue to support efforts to bring TWHBEA together. TWHBEA has been the registry for all TWH’s since it’s inception and should remain so. This is still America and we all need to draw the line against allowing those with non-supportive attitudes and destructive agendas to overrun our club. We all as Americans have the right of choice. There are other organizations that Rick, Fran, Nathan or anyone else that want out of TWHBEA can join. I say to the EC and membership that we need to help Rick and Fran go else were and be happy which would allow those of us left in TWHBEA to fight our own battles. Within TWHBEA we want and need all the members we can get however TWHBEA like any other organization needs members that follow the rules, members that will support all TWH from trail to rail and members that understand that this continuous call for ballots, this continuous trying to force the destruction of most of the horses in TWHBEA is a huge waste of time. As with any organization there will be people who do not agree and we have avenues to discuss these issues. however when it is the same people with the same agenda driven attempts to divide, disrupt and destroy the foundation of the club then it is time for those unhappy folks to join Fosh, or any other registry.
Everett Butch Allen”
When you respond to “Butchisms”, you really don’t know quite where to start, but here goes:
- The By-Laws are supposed to be followed in ALL matters regarding the corporation.
- Chief Justice Walt Chism does not think the TWHBA By-Laws are operative with regard to a meeting to vote on removal brought under Tennessee law.
- A corporation is not a “club”.
- As much as you like the sore Big Lick Walking Horse, you will never bring Sound Horse people over to your point of view.
- Have you ever heard of this horse, Butch?
Or this one?
- If you will notice, these two horses did not wear platform shoes and were not exhibited in chains.
- They were Sound and were World Grand Champions.
- The Poll you inquired about definitively tells you that 63% of the TWHBEA members favor passage of the Prevent All Soring Tactics Act.
- You say: “I will continue to support efforts to bring TWHBEA together”.
- You say: “This is still America and we all need to draw the line against allowing those with non-supportive attitudes and destructive agendas to overrun our club.”
- Butch, in America people have differences of opinion.
- Those not in agreement with you do not and are not going to support the sore Big Lick horse no matter how much you mouth the “rail to trail” stuff.
- Butch, I think the most “over the top” statement you made is: “members … trying to force the destruction of most of the horses in TWHBEA.
- Butch, you are going to have to ‘splain that one.
- There were only 500 Big Lick horses at the Celebration. How many thousands of Tennessee Walking Horses do you think are living tonight?
- Butch, here is something i want you to please think about. Ain’t nobody who is Sound is going to support the Sore Big Lick horse. And you can’t have the Big Lick horse without SORE. Two guys who have nothing in common in the world, Barney David and Dr. John C. Haffner, both agree on this premise.
- Speaking of ballots Butch, your home state of Texas voted 78% “YES” for passage of the PAST Act to remove the pads and chains.
Rick Wies and Fran Cole aren’t going anywhere.