THETA, TN – TWHBEA Chief Justice “Let Me Be Clear” Walt Chism and King Steve Smith, members of the newly formed “TWHBEA Litigation Committee” are about to meet the United States District Court Judge who has been assigned to hear the “California Gate” Case.
United States District Judge Kimberly Mueller
The Sacramento Bee – March 12, 2011
“The overflow crowd could all but hear the glass ceiling shattering, as Kimberly J. Mueller was formally installed as the first female federal district judge in the 45-year history of the Sacramento-based Eastern District of California.
“It’s a deep and indescribable honor,” Mueller told the impressive turnout of the Central Valley legal community. “I am the first of many more to come,” she added, as the gathering roared its approval.
Mueller, who has been a federal magistrate judge since 2003, served on the Sacramento City Council before earning a law degree from Stanford University.
Tall and stately, Mueller has a calm but firm demeanor and is respectful of the lawyers who appear before her, as well as their clients.”
So we have the two “Grumpy Old Men”, Southern good ole boys King Steve Smith and Chief Justice Walt Chism, male chauvinist pigs of the first order, now before United States District Court Judge Kimberly Mueller.
Judge Mueller will be deciding all aspects of this case 2,330 miles from 2950 North Ellington Parkway in Lewisburg, Tennessee.
It should be interesting.
Here are some particulars of the case:
FRAN COLE, KRISTIN HERMAN, JULIA TARNAWSKI, AND JACKIE BARTON, Individually, and other California individuals similarly situated,
TENNESSEE WALKING HORSE BREEDERS’ AND EXHIBITORS’ ASSOCIATION, a Tennessee Corporation,
1) VIOLATIONS UNDER TITLE III, AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT OF 1990;
2) VIOLATIONS UNDER THE UNRUH CIVIL RIGHTS ACT;
3) BREACH OF GOVERNING; DOCUMENTS AND TENNESSEE CORPORATIONS CODE;
4) BREACH OF CONTRACT;
5) VIOLATION OF BUSINESS AND PROFESSIONS CODE § 17200, ET SEQ.;
6) DECLARATORY RELIEF; AND
7) PRELIMINARY AND PERMANENT INJUNCTION
For several weeks prior to filing in California, TWHBEA Chief Justice Walt Chism held “Internet Chatter” Court and regaled all who would listen giving his:
- Legal assessments,
- Interpretations of legislative intent,
- Legal conclusions.
King Steve Smith issued a Decree by letter assuring the “Subjects” that “All decisions in this matter were made with advice of our legal counsel and reconfirmed repeatedly to ensure that the proper procedure is followed exactly”:
Nephew Eugene will bet a dollar to a “TWHBEA” rationed donut
that the King and Chief Justice decided what they wanted to do from a policy standpoint, rather than step back and get the information necessary for them to make a reasoned decision in the best interest of the Association.
The King Steve Smith and Chief Justice Walt Chism policy decision was to not allow sore Big Lick Directors like Christy Lantis or others to be removed by members from states which voted “YES” to removing the pads and chains. This would kill the sore Big Lick Tennessee Walking Horse. Smith and Chism didn’t want a precedent set so sore Big Lick directors like Everett “Butch” Evans – Texas, Debbie Hennemann – Missouri, Denise Bader Keyser – Germany, Sherry White – Michigan could be removed. All of the sore Big Lickers are terrified of the verdict of the Poll Map:
In making their oppressive “policy decision” King Steve and Chief Justice Walt (thinking it’s still 1997) apparently didn’t pay any attention that Federal laws might come into play with what they were doing..
They apparently did not care in the least that they were placing hardship upon persons with disabilities, and the California dues paying TWHBEA members.
You have to ask – What are the lengths people will go to in their attempt to protect the institutionalized culture of horse soring known as the Big Lick which is centered in Middle Tennessee?
How high a price are they willing to pay?
No one has yet heard if the TWHBEA “Litigation Committee” will “ration” the donuts while meeting to consider the legal, monetary and public opinion ramifications of a federal lawsuit against the breed registry in Sacramento, California.
Here’s what the California people say:
1. This is an action brought by California members of TWHBEA under the Americans With Disabilities Act (“ADA”) 42 U.S.C. § § 12101, et seq., the California Unruh Civil Rights Act, Cal. Civ. Code § 51 and §52, the Business and Professions Code § 17200, et seq., applicable Tennessee statutes, the Bylaws of TWHBEA, and state common law claims.
Here is what they are asking for:
- A Court order for temporary, preliminary, and permanent injunction requiring TWHBEA and all persons acting pursuant to its control and direction, provide mail-in written ballots to Plaintiffs, and California TWHBEA members similarly situated, for the purpose of voting on the removal of Christy Lantis, the California Director on TWHBEA’s Board.
1. For attorneys’ fees in accordance with law;
2. For costs of suit herein incurred; and,
3. For other consequential and incidental damages, as well as such other such relief that the court may deem just and proper.
And last, but not least, this:
JURY TRIAL DEMANDED
Looks like King Steve Smith and Chief Justice Walt Chism’s “Litigation Committee” is going to be rather busy in the days ahead.