CALSONIC ARENA – Nephew Eugene reached out to Hiram at Hilltop Market, who called his Aunt Minerva whose first cousin, Louise, who lives out on Normandy Road near Shelbyville, who never misses a horse show.
Louise went to the horse show tonight, and this is what she reported:
- There NO entries in Class 8 – AMATEUR 3 GAIT STALLIONS (When a horse becomes aged, it is more likely to have accumulated scars)
- On Thursday night, 2013, approximately 210 Horses made it into the Show Ring.
- On Thursday night, 2014, , through 17 of 22 classes, 80 Horses made it into the Show Ring.
- The final tally appears to be 210 (2013 vs 92(2014) for a 56% reduction in entries.
- That’s average of less than 5 horses a class.
- Also, the Flat Shod Horses are not participating at the Big Lick showcase.
- There was a LOOOOOOOOONG pause between Class 8 and 9. Louise is checking on that. She and Nephew Eugene may go to Pope’s Cafe tomorrow morning and get the low down.
- If the numbers play out – that’s 210 vs 100 – over a 50% DECREASE in entries.
- The people attending were over 50 – lots of grey – no young blood in sight.
- Announcer Quote on a deep Ladies class – “IF these three can make it in the ring anyone can— this is the Tennessee Walking Horse.”
- A lot of the Horses were friskier than usual which happens when they are not “fixed” as much. The Amateur riders who are used to just sitting up there had a lot more trouble riding than usual. And it was harder to get the Horses in gear and keep them there.
- In Class 16, 15.2 and under Aged Open Specialty, the Ex PSHA Chairman Terry Dotson horse was arguably “bad image” – 3rd place finish.
- Practically all of the Ribbons in the classes were donated by repeat HPA violators.
- The glass partition in the Calsonic Arena from where you can see the Horse Inspections taking place were covered with black drapes.
- So much for PSHA – S.H.O.W. HIO – DAVID L HOWARD – Transparency.
- Big thanks to intrepid Louise for getting this photo:
THE CALSONIC INSPECTION AREA
If y’all like Louise’s report, please let her know so she will go back Friday night. She may even go early and attend the all important PSHA meeting.
Would y’all like that?