THETA, TN – Nephew Eugene has been rambling around and has been hearing some interesting things. He will share them with you, but asked you please keep everything on the down low and please do not tell anyone:
- The USDA is on a roll, and on Friday, March 14, 2014, APHIS Administrator Kevin Shea filed a Complaint to decertify Heart of America HIO for not accepting the mandatory “minimum penalties”.
- The Assistant D. A. Kenlan Foster handling the Wheelon case is running for Juvenile Judge and, if elected, most likely would preclude her from prosecuting the case. Look for the third D. A. to handle the case.
- The Trainer Boyz, after learning that the USDA was going to be serious about enforcing the Horse Protection Act, met on the Monday before the Trainers Show and voted to cancel the Trainers Show and Show Season, but were told by PSHA lobbyist Jeff Speaks and Jeffrey Howard that if they did not have the Trainers Show and Show season, that Representative Marsha Blackburn (R-TN) would withdraw HR 4098 alternative bill.
- It appears a truck dealer in the East Tennessee area has had a lot to do with fronting the underwriting of the Larry Wheelon legal defense effort.
- Steve Smith and Walt Chism are trying mightily to get the TWHBEA building sold, and then cut a deal where TWHBEA can rent space in the building.
- Big Lick enthusiast Joy Smith’s bootstrap social media campaign seems to be improving:
- TWHBEA President Steve Smith’s sore Big Lick Trainer and Barn Renter David Landrum was announced as one of three Judges for the next Big Lick Trainers Show Extravaganza, the Gulf Coast Trainers Charity Horse Show, in Panama City, Florida. Landrum goes “Sound” in his hometown of Franklin, TN, yet is an Officer of the sore WHTA BOYZ, 2nd VP, and operates a Riding Academy (NO Big Lick) but show Big Lick colors by his continued support and involvement in the sore Big Lick world. He lives in two different worlds.
And so it goes in the Land of “The Lickers and The Flatters”.