THETA, TN – As the sore Big Lick show season is unfolding like a frost bitten daffodil, it appears to be iceberg gashed and listing to starboard.
- APHIS Administrator Kevin Shea files Complaint to decertify David L. Howard’s Celebration’s S.H.O.W. HIO on January 9, 2014.
- Delta Equine Select Sale at Tunica, Mississippi falls flat on its face. Sale proprietor is sore Big Lick Trainer BOYZ VP David Landrum. Less than 100 entries were sold. Prices abysmal.
- “SPRING FLING” Colt Preview/Sale at Calsonic Arena turns out to
- “SPRING FLING” Colt Preview/Sale at Calsonic Arena turns out to be “SPRING FLOP”. USDA shows up and colts to be previewed scatter. One “bad Image” appearing 21 month old colt by the Titelist which was owned by PSHA Chairman Jim Cortner was exhibited by Eric Yokley.
- USDA shows up at 46th annual National Trainers Show determined to enforce the Horse Protection Act. Horses shown drop from 520 to 255. There is 85% compliance rate – not 90 anything. 2013 WGC “I AM JOSE” exhibited “bad image”.
- Meanwhile Celebration Chairman takes off for a week at Canyon Ranch Health Spa in Arizona.
- Mississippi Charity Horse Show is an unfolding disaster, and still the “Addicted” clamor to have their sore Big Lick fix.
It’s truly all about the next “hit” for a person addicted to the sore Big Lick.
- Formerly popular Big Lick internet message board site takes a leave of absence.
- David L. Howard’s The Walking Horse Report March 31, 2014 issue is down to 24 pages, with several key ad slots going unsold. For some strange reason, Editor Jeffrey Howard chose to list all the U. S. elected officials who are co-sponsoring the PAST ACT, and keeps on tilting at the Humane Society windmill when the sore Big Lick’s real problem is the strong support of the PAST ACT by the American Horse Council, and veterinary groups AVMA and AAEP. Howard’s tilting sort of reminds one of Mussolini attacking Ethiopia.
- Grumpy old men Steve Smith and Walt Chism are doing marvelous job of handling the downward financial spiral of the Tennessee Walking Horse Breeders & Exhibitors Association.
- Sound Horse Advocate Donna Benefield has become the TENNESSEE Face of the PAST ACT. The Lickers are going to see a lot of her on television and in the media in the days to come.
- Over 60% of the United States Congress co-sponsoring the PAST ACT.
- THE S0UND HORSE CONFERENCE has set up shop in Brentwood, Tennessee this weekend. And you can expect a lot to come out of it.