THETA, TN – As most folks know by now, Big Lick Trainer Jimmy Norris was a “No Show” at the Sound Horse Conference this past Saturday in Brentwood, Tennessee.
Mr. Norris was on the program panel discussing “Current Soring Tactics”. His billing was: “He has a special interest in ensuring the Walking Horse industry not only survives, but regains some of its former prestige by leveling the playing field. Based in San Martin, California, Jimmy is determined to bring together the industry and continue to be an advocate for the horse.”
TOP TEN REASONS JIMMY NORRIS DIDN’T MAKE IT TO THE SOUND HORSE CONFERENCE
10. His plane disappeared.
9. The radiator on his truck boiled over while going through the desert in winter.
8. He thought it was this coming Saturday.
7. Jimmy just “thought” he saw the light.
6. He got re-employed.
5. Stage fright overcame him.
4. Someone made him an offer he couldn’t refuse.
3. He chickened out.
2. Jimmy got tied up with a color coded six ounce show chain.
1. Cat ladies put the ‘skeer in him.
Jimmy, we hardly knew ye.
“You haven’t an arm, you haven’t a leg,
You haven’t an arm, you haven’t a leg,
You hadn’t an arm, you hadn’t a leg
You’re a armless, boneless, chickenless egg
You’ll have to be put with the bowl to beg
Jimmy we hardly knew ya”