WASHINGTON, DC – Sore Big Lick Supporters U. S. Senator Lamar #OUTOFTOUCH Alexander (R-TN) and U. S. Senator Mitch McConnell (R-KY) Senate Minority Leader, sent the following letter today to all of their Senate colleagues, except for Senato Kelly Ayotte (R-NH) and Senator Mark Warner (D-VA) who are sponsoring the PAST ACT.
Billy Go Boy addressed the lies in Jeffrey Howard’s letter to the Knoxville newspaper.
Please go to to https://twitter.com/billygoboy and Retweet this Tweet to your Senator:
WALKING HORSE REPORT EDITOR JEFFREY HOWARD JUMPS THE SHARK IN THE KNOXVILLE NEWS-SENTINEL – FORMER UT VET DEAN”¦ http://wp.me/p3JOdK-1SM
or you can email this link to your Senator.
Regarding the “World Renowned Industry”, please send you Senator the FACTs on the sore Big Lick Racket:
COLD HARD FACTS ON SORE BIG LICK TENNESSEE WALKING HORSE RACKET:
- Passage of the PAST ACT would only affect 8/10th of 1% of all living Tennessee Walking Horses.
- The other 99.20% of the Tennessee Walking Horses will be fine, and actually, the 8/10th of 1% will be too because they will no long be institutionally sored to created the sore Big Lick.
- According to a 2012 USDA survey there are approximately 200,000 living TWH.
- There are only 85 dues paying members of the Walking Horse Trainers Association.
- There were only 569 Big Lick Horses at the 2013 Celebration
- Assume each Trainer has an average of 10 horses in training.
- Assume 850 total Big Lick Horses.
- Then give it the benefit of the by doubling it 1,700 Big Lick TWH.
- 1% of 200,000 = 2,000
- 1,700 = 8/10th of 1%
And please send your Senator the SBS “DATELINE” “WALK OF SHAME” program by Nieman Award winning journalist Mary Ann Jolley.
Please tell your Senator the Bill is supported by the AVMA, AAEP, American Horse Council, United States Equestrian Federation, the ASPCA and 63% of the Tennessee Walking Horse breed registry members.