LEWISBURG, TN – The Grumpy Old Men Steve Smith/Walt Chism regime is coming up on 180 days.
And It’s fast coming apart at the seams.
The “Rationing Donuts And Being Secretive, Arrogant And Mean” business model is not working out real well.
Here is the Six Month SCORECARD:
- Pat Stout sues TWHBEA for $1 Million for Steve Smith and Company allegedly exercising malice in apparently persecuting her because she gave the TWHBEA members an opportunity to voice their opinion on the PAST ACT. The suit was brought in Putnam County, Tennessee, up on the Cumberland Plateau which is outside the reach of David L. Howard’s Shelbyville cabal’s tentacles.
- Mrs. Stout’s counsel is Cookeville attorney Henry Fincher. He is an accomplished trial attorney who is also a Tennessee legislator. Fincher holds a Phi Beta Kappa key from the University of Tennessee, and received his Juris Doctorate degree from Harvard University Law School.
- TWHBEA’s errors and omissions coverage may not provide coverage to pay for an attorney to defend the suit which means TWHBEA will have to pay its own way. That could be disastrous for TWHBEA in its current financial situation.
- 281 (65%) U. S. Representatives are co-sponsoring the PAST ACT.
- 54 (soon to be 55) Senators are co-sponsoring the PAST ACT.
- 63% of the U.S. Congress support passage of the PAST ACT.
- 63% of TWHBEA members support passage of the PAST ACT.
- The Directors have not been provided any financial information regarding the business of the association since March 2014.
- TWHBEA has been losing approximately 75 – 100 members a month since September 2013.
- In April 2014, the decrease was 225 members a month.
- In April 2014, the monthly revenue decreased $23,170.00, 54% from April 2012.
- The membership has declined from 6,950 eligible to vote on September 10, 2013 to approximately 6,350 in mid-March 2014.
- It is estimated that the eligible to vote TWHBEA members is now 6,125.
- Continuing this trend, TWHBEA will lose 2,325 members in 12 months from Dec. 2013 – Nov. 2014.
- That will make TWHBEA eligible to vote members at 4,950 in 12 months – a 29% member decrease in 12 months.
MEMBERS RENEWING RENEWAL INCOME
APRIL 2012 762 $5O, 335.00
APRIL 2013 841 48,235.00
APRIL 2014 458 27,165.00
60% LOSS $23,170.00 DECREASE ““ 54% DECREASE
TWHBEA’s Executive Committee is scheduled to meet from 8:00 A. M. to 11:00 P.M. on Friday, May 23, 2014.
The various Committee meetings will be held the rest of Friday.
The Semi-Annual Meeting of TWHBEA’s Directors will take place at 9:00 A.M. on Saturday, May 24, 2014.
It will be interesting to see what transpires in the Saturday session.
In the past, Steve Smith has been known for his bullying, heavy-handed, arrogant, dictatorial manner in handling the business of TWHBEA.
There has been a noted lack of transparency.
Steve Smith’s Sancho Panza Walt Chism did a Joe Willie Namath on January 28, 2014 when he said the following:
“I’ll do the Joe Namath, we will have more members at the end of the year than at the beginning, we’ll show a surplus of income over expenses and we’ll provide more services , I guarantee it.” Walt Chism
Radar thinks the Grumpy Old Men, Lamar, Steve and Walt are all “Out Of Touch”.
Sometimes you say stay past your prime.