LEWISBURG, TN – Nephew Eugene made a friend at Pope’s Cafe at Shelbyville who attended the TWHBEA Executive Committee meeting this morning, and he wanted to share the “Licker Lewisburg Rally Report” with you.
The smugness and arrogance was in abundance as the Steve Smith/Walt Chism Gauleiters assembled, sans donuts at TWHBEA headquarters in Lewisburg, Tennessee.
TWHBEA President Steve Smith reported the Pat Stout lawsuit to the group with the words:
“Here it is”.
The people attending were told:
- TWHBEA lost $116,000.00 in the last year.
- TWHBEA has lost $55,000.00 so far this year.
- Progress is being made to get TWHBEA back in the black by the end of this year.
- The Voice Magazine has been outsourced saving $8,000.00 a month.
- The property taxes on the building are being reduced which will save $7,000.00 – $8,000.00 or more.
VP By Laws Enforcement Tom “I’M A PROUD HPA VIOLATOR” Kakassy reported:
Kakassy has reviewed the entire By-Laws line by line
He made a presentation on the changes he favored.
- Kakassy flippantly referred to (in his words) the “Pat Stout Amendment” regarding removing directors and disciplining them.
- Kakassy described (in his words) the “Christy Lantis Amendment” where if the members from a state wish to remove a Director as allowed by Tennessee law that a quorum for removal must be 1/2 + 1 of all the persons who sign the removal petition, and the vote must be held at the TWHBEA office in Lewisburg, Tennessee. (if 100 people sign a Petition in Oregon, then 51 of them have to show up in Lewisburg to vote)
- Kakassy proposes eliminating any States from having a Director that has less than 80 members. And each State that has 80 members gets a Director. That would effectively concentrate all the Voting Power within the Southern states – and primarily in the Red States on “The Map”.
- Kakassy proposes putting in a sore “Big Lick”By-Law provision where to be a member of TWHBEA a member is required to support “ALL DIVISIONS” which would mean all members would have to pledge loyalty to supporting the sore Big Lick show horse that the PAST ACT is focusing upon eliminating with the removal of the pads and chains.
- The Steve Smith/Walt Chism/Tom Kakassy Plan is to submit the proposed By-Law changes to the TWHBEA members in October along with the annual Director Ballots on an “ALL OR NOTHING” basis. In other words, a member would have no choice to approve some proposed changes and reject others. A member would have to approve all of the changes or reject all of them.
With regard to submitting the By-Law changes to the TWHBEA members on an “ALL OR NOTHING” basis, Sr. VP Walt Chism said “It doesn’t matter – they’ll pass it. They have even passed things before that made no sense.” Chism was referring to a By-Law provision in which the wording was incorrectly presented and it was not understandable in that form and the members approved it any way.
VP Breeders David Williams proudly reported on moving the Futurity back to David L. Howard’s Celebration. HPA Violation Citation Frank Eichler employee David Williams said the Futurity would use the Celebration Judges and the Futurity classes would also be qualifying classes for the Celebration. Williams said this arrangement would cost TWHBEA $10,000.00, and TWHBEA would receive things for which it would normally have to pay $18,000.00-$20,000.00.
The Executive Committee then went into Executive Session, with no donuts, to discuss Pat Stout’s $1,000,000.00 law suit, and a few other “top secret” things.
Nephew Eugene Fun Show Report
The Fun Show was held last night. It was a “no buzz” event just not much fun was being had. Hardly anyone attended, and the few who did were 50 and older. There was one camper in the Lot across from Calsonic. It only took about 3 hours to run 17 classes through. There was one “Bad Image” horse, “I’M DEUCE” exhibited by Casey Wright who also exhibited the “Bad Image” “I AM JOSE” at the Trainer’s Show.
Most of the rest of the horses appeared to be “sound going” and not so nailed to the ground.
One rider was thrown off.
He got up ok.
That was the most excitement of the evening.