MARYVILLE, TN – The Blount County Circuit Courtroom of Judge Tammy Harrington, in the hometown of native son U. S. Senator Lamar Alexander (R-TN), was filled with supporters of both sides and lots of media as various Motions were taken up this morning . Covering the felony horse soring cases are Ms Iva Butler with The Daily Times in Maryville. and Knoxville television stations Channels Six WATE, reporter Jill McNeal; along with Channel Ten WBIR. . All Defendants are entitled to a presumption of innocence.
LARRY JOE WHEELON OUTSIDE COURTROOM WITH ASSOCIATE BOBBIE JO KOGER
U.S. SENATOR LAMAR ALEXANDER (R-TN)
The four Defendants, Larry Joe Wheelon, Blake Primm, Randall Stacy Gunter and Brandon Lunsford were all represented by their attorneys in the aggravated cruelty to animals case. Officials from the Blount County SPCA were present along with supporters of embattled sore Big Lick horse trainer Larry Wheelon, and Sound Horse Advocates.
WHEELON FARRIER BLAKE PRIMM AND ATTY. BRIAN NICHOLS BEFORE CIRCUIT JUDGE TAMMY HARRINGTON; ASST DA KENLYN FOSTER ON FAR RIGHT
WHEELON DEFENSE ATTORNEY ROB WHITE INVESTIGATOR KENNY MYERS CLOSEST ON FRONT ROW NEXT TO WHEELON FARRIER BLAKE PRIMM; ROW TO THE LEFT WHEELON DEFENDANT SUPPORTERS
ATTORNEYS FOR DEFENDANTS – LEFT TO RIGHT – TYLER WEISS FOR BRANDON LUNSFORD; ROB WHITE FOR LARRY JOE WHEELON; GEORGE WATERS FOR RANDALL STACY GUNTER
WHEELON FARRIER BLAKE PRIMM WITH BALL CAP.
Former University of Tennessee Vet School Dean Michael Blackwell was present in the Courtroom along with Knoxville attorney Esther Bell.
MICHAEL BLACKWELL, DVM FORMER DEAN OF VETERINARY MEDICAL COLLEGE, UNIVERSITY OF TENNESSEE
ESTHER BELL, ESQ., KNOXVILLE ATTORNEY
Circuit Judge Tammy Harrington will hear oral arguments by Wheelon’s attorney Rob White and Assistant D. A. Kenlyn Foster at 2:00 pm on White’s Motion To Dismiss the case.
CIRCUIT JUDGE TAMMY HARRINGTON
More to come.
- November 29, 2014 BRANDON RANDALL LUNSFORD, EMPLOYEE OF LARRY JOE WHEELON, KILLED IN BLOUNT COUNTY, TENNESSEE AUTO ACCIDENT
- December 5, 2013 DAILY TIMES REPORTER IVA BUTLER – COVERS LARRY JOE WHEELON GANG STORY BETTER THAN ANYBODY – LIKE DEW ON DIXIE
- December 10, 2013 IVA BUTLER, MARYVILLE – THE DAILY TIMES – COVERS LARRY JOE WHEELON ARRAIGNMENT – DECEMBER 9, 2013
- January 10, 2015 BLOUNT COUNTY CIRCUIT COURT JUDGE TAMMY HARRINGTON SETS APRIL 30, 2015 TO HEAR MOTIONS IN SORING CASES AGAINST LARRY JOE WHEELON AND RANDALL STACY GUNTER
- July 23, 2014 BLOUNT COUNTY JUDGE TAMMY HARRINGTON HEARS WHEELON’S MOTION TO DISMISS – LARRY JOE WHEELON AND ATTORNEY ROB WHITE AVOID MEDIA FOLLOWING CONCLUSION OF HEARING – JUDGE TO RULE ON AUGUST 8, 2014