U.S. SENATOR LAMAR ALEXANDER (R-TN)
- “I am not an expert on veterinary medicine ““ but I know of the inspections that they have there. Almost all of them are 96% to 98% successful,” said U. S. Senator Lamar Alexander before The Tennessean Editorial Board on December 8, 2013. http://www.tennessean.com/article/20131208/NEWS02/312080093/Sen-Lamar-Alexander-calls-Senate-rule-decision-Obamacare-II- (min. 8:00 – 11:00)
- The USDA documentation provided to Congressman Ed Whitfeld (R-KY) on October 1, 2014, totally upended the premise of Senator Alexander’s S. 2193 Horse Protection Act Amendment, legislation to “Preserve the Tennessee Walking Horse Tradition”.
- Senator Alexander needs to come to grips with the fact that there is no 96% – 98% HPA Compliance nor is the sore Big Lick a “Tennessee Walking Horse Tradition” worth saving.
- 2014 ““ 51% of Horses Inspected by USDA Vets found in violation of the HPA.
2013 ““ 15.3% of Horses Inspected by USDA Vets found in violation of the HPA.
2012 ““ 21.4% of Horse inspected by USDA found in violation of the HPA.
- The 2012, 2013 and 2014 USDA HPA Inspection Reports conclusively prove that only the PAST ACT can stop the abuse of the Big Lick Tennessee Walking Horse, euphemistically called the “Performance Horse”.
- U.S. SENATOR LAMAR ALEXANDER (R-TN)
- “I am told by veterinarians and people who show horses that it would decimate the tradition of the Tennessee Walking Horse”, said U. S. Senator Lamar Alexander before The Tennessean Editorial Board on December 8, 2013.
It was revealed during the 2014 Celebration that Senator Alexander’s veterinary advisor was “VAC” Chairman Dr. Jerry Johnson. “VAC” Spokesperson Tom Blankenship and “VAC” Chairman Dr. Jerry Johnson worked for Steve Smith in 2006 in an attempt to change the HPA to render the “Scar Rule” meaningless and redefine “Soring”. TWHBEA President Steve Smith is Alexander’s 2014 Campaign Finance Chair. Celebration Chairman David L. Howard then tried to make people believe that “VAC” was independent with no ties to the sore Big Lick, but nothing could have been further from the truth.
That lie was exposed when AAWHA Spokesperson Clant M. Seay interviewed Dr. Dallas O. Goble who confirmed that the Budweiser Clydesdale vet was not even part of the Celebration’s “VAC”, Veterinary Advisory Committee. Further investigation revealed that when Blankenship and Dr. Johnson worked for Steve Smith in 2006 on behalf of the sore Big Lick, and there was a Committee headed up by Dr. Johnson, and it was called, you guessed it, the “VAC”, Veterinary Advisory Committee.
- U.S. SENATOR LAMAR ALEXANDER (R-TN)
- “I have been to the Celebration a number of times”, said U. S. Senator Lamar Alexander before The Tennessean Editorial Board on December 8, 2013.
Senator Alexander was Governor of Tennessee from 1979 – 1987. Things have changed a lot in the last 27 years. The Celebration Senator Alexander fondly remembers no longer exists. Priscilla Presley has now withdrawn the Elvis Graceland Challenge Trophy which was first given in 1983 while Alexander was Governor. And now there are more like 6,000 people present on Stake Night, rather than the 30,000 Alexander remembers.
But give U. S. Senator Lamar Alexander (R-TN) credit for one thing, he wasn’t going to get caught anywhere near Shelbyville, Tennessee during the 76th annual Tennessee Walking Horse National Celebration, August 20 – August 30, 2014.
There were also some things in the newspaper in 2014, that weren’t there in 1986 which would have been Alexander’s last Celebration as Tennessee Governor, People who know Senator Alexander truly wonder how he let Steve Smith get him off into this sore Horse quagmire, the evidence of which has now been conclusively confirmed by the USDA on October 1, 2014. Three years of documentation is too much to overcome.
No Senator Alexander, there never were any 96% to 98% HPA compliance rates.
Isn’t it about time you came down out of that tree?