- TENNESSEE WALKING HORSE NATIONAL CELEBRATION
SHELBYVILLE, TN – Normally when a Business goes up in “flames” and:
- Loses approximately $3 Million in 7 years;
- Owes approximately $700,000.00 on a failed venture which a federal agency files suit against to decertify it for not following federal law;
- Loses over 50% of its customers in 10 years;
- Loses $700,000.00 in Corporate Sponsorships in 7 years.
- Over 70% of the residents where the business is located vote in the local newspaper that they are NOT going to attend even one night of the business’s annual main event;
The persons responsible for causing the “inferno” are removed by the shareholders, and a new group is brought in to right the ship.
TENNESSEE WALKING HORSE CELEBRATION BOARD OF “PYROMANIACS”
The “Celebration Association” will meet Monday night in Shelbyville to review the financial condition of The Celebration, and elect a Board of Directors for the next year.
There will be some “low-level” drama to see if 70 year old David L. Howard will step down from the “Celebration Association” in accordance with the organizations time-honored policy and tradition.
Nephew Eugene says he will believe it when he sees it.
Mr. David L. Howard owns the “Dumpster Fire” which the Tennessee Walking Horse National Celebration has become since 2007 when Mr. Howard persuaded three of his fellow Board Members to vote with him to fire Celebration CEO Ron Thomas. Mr. Thomas served as Celebration CEO from 1984 to 2007 during which time the Middle Tennessee event showed unprecedented growth and development.
FORMER CELEBRATION CEO RON THOMAS (1984 – 2007)
CELEBRATION CHAIRMAN DAVID L. HOWARD
CELEBRATION TREASURER JOHN T. BOBO
In its 76 year history, the Tennessee Walking Horse National Celebration has never been in worse shape:
- The public perceives it as a place where beautiful Tennessee Walking Horses are institutionally abused in the name of family entertainment while cloaking itself in the garb of community pride and patriotism.
In a Freudian slip, Mr. David L. Howard, when asked on the steps of the Federal Courthouse in Chattanooga, Tennessee about the possibility of eliminating soring, Tennessee Walking Horses said:
“I’LL BE HONEST WITH YOU – WE’LL NEVER GET THERE”
WRAPPING THE “INSTITUTIONALIZED SORING” IN PATRIOTISM
ARMED SECURITY WHERE BIG LICK HORSES ENTER “WGC” BIG STAKE CLASS
- THREE RUNNERS AND “I AM JOSE” ENTERING THE CELEBRATION RING
- And the public has left the building:
- The vaunted “VAC” Veterinary Advisory Committee exposed as fraud.
AUGUST 29, 2014 – THE TENNESSEAN NEWSPAPER HEADLINE
- ALL AMERICAN WALKING HORSE ALLIANCE representative conversing with “VAC” Spokesperson Tom Blankenship (Former Walking Horse Trainer BOYZ attorney) at the “Barn 9” Inspection Area:
- Summing up, the 2014 Celebration was a “Dumpster Fire”:
It will be interesting to see what the “Celebration Association” does Monday night.
- “CELEBRATION ASSOCIATION” MEMBERSHIP LIST
And it will be especially interesting to see if Mr. David L. Howard has the decency to step down in keeping with the policy established by the honorable men who have preceded him in serving as Directors of the Tennessee Walking Horse National Celebration.
Nephew Eugene says, “don’t hold your breath”.