JACKSON, MS – The fight against the Animal Cruelty represented by the “SORE BIG LICK” Tennessee Walking Horse racket last week was where Big Lickers never thought it possible – Jackson, Mississippi – the Heart of Dixie.
The “30 DAYS IN JACKSON” left the LIckers badly limping.
First, the “Big Lick” lost the cover of the prestigious UMMC Batson Children’s Hospital.
And frankly, the Lickers “have protested too much” about UMMC turning down the “Blood Money” donations generated from “SORING” Big Lick Tennessee Walking Horses.
UMMC Batson officials knew exactly what they were doing when it said “No More” tainted money from the Lickers. It is especially interesting how the people who make those decisions in the best interest of the Children acted so immediately and decisively.
The LIckers had pulled the wool over the eyes of UMMC, but once the UMMC Administrators learned the truth, they sent the Big Lick crowd packing.
Regarding the UMMC decision, there was NO outcry from the Jackson/Mississippi Community or the UMMC Community over the Batson Children’s Hospital’s decision.
And anyone who lives in Jackson, Mississippi, can tell you that Jackson and Mississippi are “fiercely protective and supportive of the Children’s Hospital.”
The reality is the Community was happy that UMMC sent the “SORE Big Lick” crowd out the door. The effect of accepting money generated from animal cruelty could cause UMMC to lose donations from much larger contributors as well as losing donations from smaller contributors, also. They realized it and cut the ties in record time.
In the past “30 Days”, the Big Lickers decisively lost the Public Opinion War.
WLBT – 3 Anchor/Investigative Reporter Marsha Thompson sunk them in one telecast. Ms. Thompson is literally the “Gold Standard” in Mississippi television journalism.
She also happens to be an accomplished equestrienne.
Ms Marsha Thompson had no trouble saying the words “Big Lick”, and she knew exactly what she was speaking about when she said them.
CLICK LINK BELOW FOR TELECAST –
About all the LIckers managed to do in Jackson, Mississippi was have a “Private Party Group Hug Around”. They were parading around wearing “Walk Proud” stickers, but that’s about all that they did.
WORKING THE RAIL – STICKING ON STICKERS
The Public completely deserted them.
There were never over 200 spectators in the first two nights, and no more than 300 on Saturday night.
CLICK BELOW – VIDEO OF NORTH SIDE – FORDICE EQUINE CENTER
IMG_4394 VIDEO SHOWING NOBODY THERE
CLICK BELOW – VIDEO OF SOUTH SIDE – FORDICE EQUINE CENTER
IMG_4392 VIDEO SHOWING NOBODY THERE
And they are not coming back as long as the “SORE” Big Lick is featured.
In the days not that long ago, the “Jackson Horse Show” would be held in the Mississippi Coliseum each year drawing 2,000 – 3,000 spectators on Friday night, and 5,000+ on Saturday night.
Those days are gone forever.
Here are the Pictures of the Jackson Horse Show:
SHEER LOOK OF TERROR IN EYES OF YOUNG HORSE W/ OVERWEIGHT RIDER
STARTING HORSES WHEN THEY ARE WAY TOO YOUNG – TWO YEAR OLDS
TENNESSEE WALKING HORSE ARE ONLY BREED EXHIBITED IN CHAINS – WHY?? – WHAT DO THEY NEED THE CHAINS FOR ?????
SEVERE BITTING -WHAT OTHER BREED IS BITTED LIKE THIS????
Here is a Bullet Point Summary of the “30 DAYS IN JACKSON”.
- A Change.Org Petition started by a Mississippi resident, backed by CCABLAC and FOSH, resulted in the UMMC (University of Mississippi Medical Center) disassocating Batson Children’s Hospital from the Mississippi Charit Horse Show, and no longer accepting “Blood Money” donations from the activity.
UMMC won’t accept Charity Horse Show donations
- The Change.Org Petition focused the attention of America and the World on Jackson, Mississippi, and the “Sore World Of The “Big Lick” Tennessee Walking Horse.
- Numerous Billboards, designed and paid for by citizens across America, appeared on High Street across from the Fordice Equine Center.
- WWW.BILLYGOBOY.COM reported that Horse Show Manager Mr. Robert Taylor owned a “SORED” horse, “My Titleist” at the 2011 Celebration. Mr. Taylor employed two “Big Lick” Trainers, one of which is Mr. Jack Way who has served two years of Federal Suspension facing Horse Soring Charges. His other Trainer, Mr. Bradley Davis, has served a one year Federal suspension.
HORSE SHOW OFFICIALS MS CAROL LACKEY AND MR. ROBERT TAYLOR
- All three Jackson, Mississippi stations ran stories on the “Big Lick SORING”.
MARSHA THOMPSON, ANCHOR AND INVESTIGATIVE REPORTER – WLBT – 3
Controversy surrounds MS Charity Horse Show – “Big Lick”
CLICK ON LINK BELOW FOR TELECAST –
- Prior to the Saturday night Horse Show, Horse Show Announcer Mr. Tommy Williams was taken into custody on an Arrest Warrant for Simple Assault/Intimidation charges relating to threats of physical violence he allegedly posted on his Facebook Page on March 14, 2015. Mr. Williams was taken downtown for booking and processing. He is afforded the presumption of innocence.
- An “IRATE BIG LICKER” attempted to assault CCABLAC Media Spokesperson at the Saturday Night performance when he was stopped by a Jackson Police Department officer. Charges will be filed against this individual in the near future.
- USDA APHIS Deputy Administrator Dr. Chester Gipson, on the apparent instruction of U. S. Secretary of Agriculture Tom Vilsack and APHIS Administrator Kevin Shea, ignored the 5,588+ persons when he personally oversaw and allowed obviously “SORE” Horses shown at Jackson, Mississippi, and has now apparently dramatically changed the “SORING” protocol. Dr. Gipson dramatically changed the Inspection Protocol from 2014 to 2015.
RANDOM PHOTOS BY NEPHEW EUGENE
All in all, the “Big Lick” Tennessee Walking world changed forever during the “30 DAYS IN JACKSON”.
A major University set a precedent by not accepting money from the exhibition of “SORE BIG LICK” Tennessee Walking Horses.
Many other organizations and institutions will follow Ole Miss example.
The Circle of Soring is getting smaller and smaller.
MR. JEFFREY HOWARD – EDITOR, THE WALKING HORSE REPORT
Here is Mr. Jeffrey Howard today in “Baghdad Bob” mode, “It was a very positive start to the show season in many different aspects. Thanks to everyone that had a hand in putting on the show and to the owners and exhibitors that supported it. It is so important to keep all of the shows but especially those that fall outside of Middle Tennessee.”
Nephew Eugene says mark this down, “the Jackson Horse Show” is on the way out if it doesn’t cancel the “Big Lick” classes in 2016.
Lynerd Skynyrd dedicated this song to them.
Word in Shelbyville is Mr. Frank Eichler’s “Rising Star Ranch” is on the market.