MARYVILLE, TN – There’s so much to comment on regarding the Larry Joe Wheelon, et al case, it’s truly hard to know where to start, but it might as well begin with Thursday morning.
Larry Joe Wheelon’s Defense attorney Mr. Rob White knows he is up against tough competition in Assistant District Attorneys Matt Dunn and Mark Davidson. And Mr. Larry Joe Wheelon doesn’t seem to have as much swagger as he once did.
And Nephew Eugene says the prosecution has MTSU Horse Science Professor Dr. John Haffner waiting in the wings sitting ready to rebut Dr. John Bennett if this case moves forward.
LARRY JOE WHEELON ATTORNEY MR. ROB WHITE OPPOSES FIRST AMENDMENT FREEDOM OF THE PRESS, TRANSPARENCY AND THE PUBLIC’S RIGHT TO KNOW IN THE LARRY JOE WHEELON ET AL CASE
At the beginning of the proceedings, Blount County Circuit Judge Tammy Harrington had a question regarding a Media Credential for the All American Walking Horse Media Rep. An explanation was offered, and when the Judge asked if anyone objected to the Court’s approving the Media Credential, Larry Joe Wheelon defense attorney Mr. Rob White rose to his feet and objected. Mr. White then argued to deny the First Amendment rights guaranteed by the U. S. Constitution to the AAWHA Media representative to cover the court proceedings. The Court heard Mr. White’s “blah blah blah” objections, and then it approved the Media credential for the All American Walking Horse Alliance Media representative.
Then for most of the next four hours, Defense attorney Mr. Rob White advocated on behalf of his client Larry Joe Wheelon insisting on Mr. Wheelon’s 4th Amendment Rights against unreasonable search and seizure.
ARE ROB WHITE AND LARRY JOE WHEELON STARTING TO SWEAT???
The rule is: “Never Let Them See You Sweat”.
For perhaps the first time in this twisted prolonged winding two-year possible course to justice for Mr. Larry Joe Wheelon, Mr. Rob White and Larry Joe Wheelon appear to be sweating.
A large part of the reason are these two guys:
ASSISTANT BLOUNT COUNTY DISTRICT ATTORNEY MATT DUNN
SPECIAL PROSECUTOR, ASST. D. A. MARK DAVIDSON
Blount County Assistant District Attorney Matt Dunn and Fayette County Assistant District Attorney Mark Davidson are a good team.
Assistant District Attorney’s direct examination of USDA OIG Agent Julie McMillan was crisp and hard-hitting. Assistant District Attorney Matt Dunn is an excellent prosecutor who sums up well and whose assessments appear to carry weight with Circuit Judge Tammy Harrington.
Contrasting, Defense attorney Mr. Rob White seems to sense the sound of Niagara Falls ahead and is becoming more accentuated in his advocacy, and not quite so composed as before.
Mr. White’s opposition is a long way from a bedraggled overwhelmed Ellen Berez who didn’t have any second chair help, and lost track of a key witness which resulted in Larry Joe Wheelon walking free on a technicality in August 2013. Berez suffered from the stress of the case and removed herself from it.
So far in the last two years, this case has seen:
- Three judges
- Four Assistant District Attorneys
- Two Defense Attorneys
- A Defense attorney quit.
- An Assistant District Attorney quit due to stress.
- An Assistant District Attorney get elected Judge.
- An assistant District Attorney comes in from West Tennessee.
- A citizens petition demanding prosecution on Larry Joe Wheelon on animal cruelty charges.
- A Defendant get killed in an auto accident.
- The lead reporter covering the story dies.
- Another reporter moves to Hong Kong.
- Gunter and Wheelon get caught and suspended for “SORING” a Tennessee Walking Horse named “Shock It To Me” on July 21, 2014 at the Chestnut Hill show.
( photo credit – The Walking Horse Report)
- WHEELON BARN BUSTED ON APRIL 18, 2013.
- WHEELON HORSES SEIZED
- WHEELON CUSTOMERS HORSES SEIZED AND HAULED OFF TO TEXAS BY THE HUMANE SOCIETY.
- WHEELON PRELIMINARY HEARING BEFORE JUDGE HEADLOCK IN AUGUST 2013
- WHEELON GOES FREE ON TECHNICALITY WHEN D. A. ELLEN BEREZ LOSES TRACK OF A KEY WITNESS, USDA VET BART SUTHERLAND.
- WHEELON REINSTATED BY WALKING HORSE TRAINERS BOYZ AND HOLDS COURT AT 2013 CELEBRATION.
- PUBLIC REVOLTS AND PETITION DEMANDS D.A. PROSECUTE WHEELON.
- JUDGE HEADRICK ORDERS RETURN OF WHEELON HORSES
- ASST. D.A. ELLEN BEREZ LEAVES CASE
- RETURN OF HORSES COVERED BY AL JAZEERA REPORTER FROM CANADA WHO THEN MOVES TO HONG KONG.
- DAILY TIMES REPORTER MISS IVA BUTLER KICKED OFF PROPERTY WHEN HORSES RETURNED.
- ASST. D.A. KENLYNN FOSTER TAKES OVER CASE.
- WHEELON, GUNTER, AND LUNSFORD INDICTED ON 18 COUNTS OF AGGRAVATED ANIMAL CRUELTY IN DECEMBER 2013. PRIMM INDICTED ON ONE COUNT.
- JUDGE TAMMY HARRINGTON HEARS ARRAIGNMENT OF DEFENDANTS IN DECEMBER 2013.
- JUDGE CHARLES DUGGAN GETS THE CASE IN ABSENCE OF JUDGE HARRINGTON.
- JUDGE TAMMY HARRINGTON TAKES CASE BACK FROM JUDGE DUGGAN IN MARCH 2014.
- WHEELON CUSTOMERS SUE BLOUNT COUNTY SPCA OFFICIALS GINO AND KELLY BACHMAN FOR $600,000.00 ACTUAL AND $1.5 MILLION PUNITIVE DAMAGES IN APRIL 2014.
- HUMANE SOCIETY HIRES LAWYER FOR BACHMANS/BLOUNT COUNTY SPCA.
- WEST TENNESSEE ASST D.A. MARK DAVIDSON ENTERS THE CASE AS SPECIAL PROSECUTOR.
- JUDGE TAMMY HARRINGTON DENIES WHEELON MOTION TO DISMISS AND ORDERS PRELIMINARY HEARINGS FOR RANDALL STACY GUNTER, BRANDON LUNSFORD AND BLAKE PRIMM IN JULY 2014.
- RANDALL STACY GUNTER GETS TICKET FOR “SORING” A HORSE IN JULY 2014
- ASST. D.A. KENLYNN FOSTER ELECTED JUDGE.
- ASST D. A. KENLYNN FOSTER LEAVES CASE
- ASST. D. A. MATT DUNN ENTERS CASE.
- BRANDON LUNSFORD KILLED IN AUTO ACCIDENT IN NOV. 2014.
- EVIDENCE FINALLY PRODUCED OF THE EVIDENCE FROM THE APRIL 18, 2013 “BUST” OF THE LARRY JOE WHEELON “BIG LICK” TRAINING OPERATION
- JUDGE HEADRICK FINDS PROBABLE CAUSE FOR RANDALL STACY GUNTER TO BE BOUND OVER TO GRAND JURY, AND TURNS BLAKE PRIMM LOOSE IN DECEMBER 2014
- MISS IVA BUTLER DIES IN MARCH 2015
- JUDGE TAMMY HARRINGTON HEARS DEFENDANT LARRY JOE WHEELON MOTION TO SUPPRESS IN APRIL 2015
- COURT SETS MAY 15, 2015 AS DATE TO RULE ON DEFENDANT’S MOTION TO SUPPRESS
THE LATE MISS IVA BUTLER INTERVIEWING ASST. D. A. KENLYNN FOSTER
Nephew Eugene says a good blog topic will be the story behind who is paying for Larry Joe Wheelon’s attorney Mr.Rob White, and who is paying the attorney to defend the Blount County SPCA officials from the Wheelon customers $2.1 million law suit.
Miss Iva would have loved this more than any one.
Fasten your seat belts and stay tuned.
Who is p