DECATUR, AL – Things looked dark for “The Horses” when the PAST ACT was fumbled at the end in 2014 by compromised persons entrusted with getting it passed, then the 5th Circuit decision slapped down the USDA mandatory minimum penalties, and the Licker efforts to weaken “Scar Rule” enforcement seemed to be paying off.
All of these, coupled with allegations of ethical improprieties committed by individuals employed by an animal welfare organization which allegedly attempted to improperly influence a sitting U. S. Congressman, put “The Horses” in peril.
“The House Ethics Committee is launching a full-scale investigation into whether Kentucky Republican Rep. Ed Whitfield improperly aided his wife’s lobbying work for the Humane Society Legislative Fund.”
Then – “We, The People” … weighed in at Jackson, Mississippi and Decatur, Alabama, and the sore “Big Lick” suffered huge public relations debacles.
- Going forward the American People supported, by the American Horse Council and the AVMA (American Veterinary Medical Association), and others, need to lead the effort to eliminate the “SORE” “Big Lick” while the scandal-ridden embattled subject animal welfare organization best take a secondary role.
Reporting from Decatur, Alabama, the “Big Lick” is, indeed, sick.
SATURDAY NIGHT – STAKE CHAMPION – NATIONAL TRAINERS SHOW
Only 194 “Big Lick” Horses showed over three nights, some of them more than one time.
That’s only 64 “Big Lick” Horses a night.
An average of only 5 “Big Lick” Horses in a class.
The Trainer BOYZ lost their building in 2014 because they were broke.
They elected Mr. Billy Young in December 2014 who ran on restoring their financial stability. The BOYZ kicked out long time fixture Mr. Benny Johnson who was Mr. David L. Howard’s man on the inside of the Trainer BOYZ.
After electing Mr. Young, the Trainer BOYZ then told Ex-Celebration Chairman David L. Howard, son Jeffrey Howard and Celebration CEO Mike Inman to take their Calsonic Arena and “Shove It”, and headed off to Decatur, Alabama. They replaced decades serving Show Manager Mr. Benny Johnson with Mr. Billy Morgan.
The BOYZ were depending on a HUGE Trainer’s Show to get out of their dismal financial situation.
They struck a “Dry Hole” in Decatur.
They lost their normal date in Mid-March and had to take a show date at Decatur on the weekend right before Easter.
The Trainer BOYZ needed to average at least 10 Horses a class. They only managed 1/2 of that – less than 5 BL horses per class.
BOYZ Horse Show Manager Mr. Billy Morgan said over 500 Horses were expected He only got approximately 35% of what he was predicting and hoping.
The Trainer BOYZ think that Jeffrey and David L. Howard shafted them by not “Live Streaming” the Trainer’s Show on REPORTV.
The fur is flying on this, but two things are for sure:
- It wasn’t at Calsonic.
- It didn’t get Live-Streamed to the Licker masses.
Nephew Eugene said there bad blood between the Trainer Boyz and the Howards.
By comparison, way down South in Mississippi, the “Jackson Horse Show” had 222 “Big Lick” horses exhibited. .
There were 61 “Big Lick” classes.
The average was less than 4 BL horses per class (3.6).
At Jackson, Mississippi:
- UMMC Batson Children’s Hospital severed ties with the Miss. Charity Horse Show.
- UMMC Batson Children’s Hospital refused “Big Lick” Blood Money donations.
- Horse Show Manager Robert Taylor owns “SORE” horse, “My Titelist”, and hires 2 Trainers serving Federal Suspensions in face of “SORING” allegations. The “SORE” horse was to be shown by Rhiannon Barker, wife of Murfreesboro, Tennessee veterinarian Grey Barker.
- Horse Show Announcer Tommy Williams arrested on “Internet Threat” charges.
- “Big Lick” supporter attempts to assault Reporter. Sheriff opens case to be filed pending identification of the attacker.
- Three Jackson television stations cover “Big Lick Controversy”.
At Decatur, Alabama:
- A landslide 67% vote landslide “NO” on Poll Question: “Should Celebration Arena Have Hosted The Tennessee Walking Horse Trainers Show Given Its Past Horse Soring Violations” in Poll conducted by The Decatur Daily newspaper.
- WHNT TV Reporter Beth Jett interviews Mr. Billy Morgan who tells WHOPPERS:
*“Over 500 Horses Will Show” – 258 Total Actually Showed and 194 were “Big Lick”
* When asked about “SORING”, Mr Morgan said, “At one time there was an issue, but there’s not any more.”
Billy Morgan ChristianaTennessee37037 Unilateral SoreNot Specified 09/10/0710/10/07
Then Mr. Morgan hid the “Big Lick” horse from TV cameras, and pulled out a Flat Shod TWH “Rise To Fame” ridden by Mr. Patrick Thomas. The USDA prosecuted Mr. Patrick Thomas for “SORING” in 2013:
The key to Mr. Billy Morgan is that if his lips are moving, he’s lying.
- Former “Big Lick” Trainer Mr. Carl Bledsoe stepped up and told the truth to WHNT TV Reporter Beth Jett on the “Big Lick”, and set Mr. Billy Morgan straight.
“After you sore a horse several times and they have the chain and it hurts they do quite a bit of what they do out of memory. They cannot achieve that horse to tuck his back end the way it does and step up off the ground and step through that chain without that horse being “SORED” at some point in time.”
The American People have stepped forward to “PROTECT THE HORSES” and will take the lead from this point forward.
The only question now is will the USDA strongly enforce the Horse Protection Act to eliminate “SORING”, not just regulate in the name of ‘encouraging agriculture’?
Over 6,188+ persons have now signed the CHANGE.Org Petition asking the USDA to strongly enforce the Horse Protection Act.