WASHINGTON, DC – FOSH (Friends Of Sound Horses) delivered the following letter by overnight courier to U. S. Secretary of Agriculture Tom Vilsack.
The AAWHA (All American Walking Horse Alliance) called upon all PAST ACT co-sponsors to urge U. S. Secretary of Agriculture Tom Vilsack to provide
PLEASE EMAIL SECRETARY OF AGRICULTURE TOM VILSACK URGING HIM TO PROVIDE “USDA HORSE PROTECTION ACTIVITY REPORT” BY THURSDAY, APRIL 16, 2015, FOR THE “MISSISSIPPI CHARITY HORSE SHOW” (Mar. 26-28) JACKSON, MISSISSIPPI; AND THE “NATIONAL WALKING HORSE TRAINERS SHOW” (APR. 2-4) DECATUR, ALABAMA
We are the AAWHA (All American Walking Horse Alliance), a grassroots citizens group, which put on the historic “Walk On Washington” last June 18, 2014, in front of the U. S. Capitol in support of the PAST ACT (Prevent All Soring Tactics) to eliminate the “Big Lick” Tennessee Walking Horse.
You advocated for and publicly co-sponsored the PAST ACT.
We, and “The Horses”, will always be grateful for your support!!!
“‹We have now taken the cause to the American People, and marvelous results have transpired so far in 2015 with more to come.
We now ask you as our chosen elected officials to please Email U. S. Secretary of Agriculture Tom Vilsack and encourage him to prepare and publish a “USDA HORSE PROTECTION ACTIVITY REPORT” for the “Mississippi Charity Horse Show” (Mar. 26-28) and “National Walking Horse Trainers Show” (Apr. 2-4).
This “REPORT” should be in the same format as the attached “USDA HORSE PROTECTION ACTIVITY REPORT” that the USDA published on September 8, 2014, which was within 8 days following the conclusion of the 2014 Tennessee Walking Horse National Celebration. (See Attached)
On April 6, 2015, we asked Secretary Vilsack to please publish this “REPORT” on or before Thursday, April 16, 2015. (see attached April 6, 2015 letter). This is a period of 10 days which is a reasonable period of time in which to do this.
FOSH (Friends Of Sound Horses), a 501(c)(3) non profit corporation against “SORING” also joins AAWHA in requesting the Secretary to this important “REPORT” as soon as possible (see attached April 5, 2015 letter)
Over 6,600+ people, from every state in the union and over 70+ foreign countries, have signed our Change.Org Petition below which asks USDA Secretary Tom Vilsack, USDA APHIS Administrator Mr. Kevin Shea, and USDA APHIS Deputy Administrator Dr. Chester Gipson to provide Transparency and Accountability by publishing the requested “REPORT”.
In 2015, AAWHA has taken the lead along with FOSH (Friends of Sound Horses) to ask the American People to speak out against the Animal Cruelty represented by the “Big Lick” Tennessee Walking Horse.
- On March 6, 2015, the UMMC (University of Mississippi Medical Center) Children’s Hospital severed ties with the Mississippi Charity Horse Show in Jackson, Mississippi. UMMC Batson Children’s Hospital refused to accept “blood money” donations from the “Big Lick” horse show due to the national controversy regarding the care and training of “Big Lick” Tennessee Walking Horses.
- On March 13, 2015, the North Carolina State Fair banned all “Big Lick” Tennessee Walking Horses from the 2015 N. C. State Fair.
- On March 25, 2015, The Decatur Daily (Alabama) newspaper ran an Online Poll with over 70% voting “NO” to the Question: “Should Celebration Arena Have Hosted The Tennessee Walking Horse Trainers Show Given Its Previous Horse Soring Violations”.
Your Emailing U. S. Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack will make the difference.
Please ask the USDA officials to be transparent and accountable in reporting to the public that they are carrying out their mission to enforce the Horse Protection Act to eliminate “SORING” of Tennessee Walking Horses.
“The Horses” are depending on you to help them.
Thank you very much.
ALL AMERICAN WALKING HORSE ALLIANCE
Nephew Eugene says it’s time for the USDA to “Walk The Walk”.
- March 22, 2015 CCABLAC DELIVERS CLEAR MESSAGE TO USDA WITH OVER 3,500 CHANGE.ORG SIGNATURES/1,000+ COMMENTS – URGING STRONG HPA ENFORCEMENT THIS WEEK AT MISSISSIPPI CHARITY HORSE SHOW IN JACKSON
- April 20, 2015 “VIRAL VIDEO” OF SORE BAD IMAGE “BIG LICK” TENNESSEE WALKING HORSES AT JACKSON, MISSISSIPPI, AND DISTURBING “USDA HORSE PROTECTION ACTIVITY REPORTS”, RESULT IN THE AMERICAN PEOPLE ASKING FOR MEETING WITH U. S. SECRETARY OF AGRICULTURE TOM VILSACK
- April 6, 2015 AAWHA CALLS FOR USDA APHIS TO: Prepare And Publish “USDA Horse Activity Report” for National Trainers Show (Apr. 2 – 4) and Mississippi Charity Horse Show (Mar. 26 – 28) On Or Before Thursday, April 16, 2015
- March 18, 2015 THE “AMERICAN PUBLIC” VS THE $1,000.00 AN HOUR LAWYERS REPRESENTING THE “SORE” “BIG LICK – WILL THE USDA PROTECT “THE HORSES” OR LET THE LICKERS HURT THEM – WILL THERMOGRAPHY EXPERT DR. TRACY TURNER BE AT THE MISS. CHARITY HORSE SHOW NEXT WEEK???
- July 14, 2014 DAY 27 (JULY 14, 2014) DO APHIS ADMINISTRATORS KEVIN SHEA AND CHESTER GIPSON, DVM REALLY THINK THE AMERICAN PEOPLE ARE GOING TO TOLERATE “THE HORSES” NOT BEING PROTECTED? WILL U.S. AGRICULTURE SECRETARY TOM VILSACK COURAGEOUSLY INTERVENE AND REVERSE APHIS’S KOWTOWING TO BULLYING BY THE SORE BIG LICK “BOUGHT AND PAID FOR” POLITICIANS?