LEWISBURG, TN – TWHBEA President Steve Smith and his “Horse Soring” buddies plan to resurrect a “Big Lick” Tennessee Walking Horse Show in a Ku Klux Klan Rally like setting at rural bucolic Belfast, Marshall County, Tennessee. TWHBEA (Tennessee Walking Horse Breeders & Exhibitors Association) is the Tennessee Walking Horse breed registry located in Lewisburg, Tennessee.
For years the Licker Brethren gathered in a pasture like setting at Belfast. Now Grand Kleagles Mr. Steve Smith and Mr. Walt Chism want to go back in time to relive the Animal Cruelty on the out of sight Tennessee backroads.
It was once a “Ritual” of the “Big Lick” World for 3,000+ folks to congregate in the middle of nowhere to enjoy the Animal Cruelty of the “Big Lick” as a warm up to the Tennessee Walking Horse National Celebration (Licker Super Bowl) three weeks later.
The Belfast Show would be on Friday night, and then the Wartrace Horse Show (Oldest in Breed) would follow on Saturday night.
BELFAST, MARSHALL COUNTY, TENNESSEE
Now Mr. Smith and Mr. Chism want to bring all that back.
BIG DAN TEAGUE A/K/A MR. STEVE SMITH
Ironically, the Founder of the Ku Klux Klan, CSA Lt. General Nathan Bedford Forrest, is buried just 15 miles from the Belfast Horse Show over at Chapel Hill, Tennessee.
In 2013, Mr. Steve Smith ran for President of TWHBEA (Tennessee Walking Horse Breed Registry) promising the following:
At that time, Mr. Smith didn’t tell the TWH Breed Association members that he planned to return the Tennessee Walking Horse Breed back to the “SORE” days of 1987 when Mr. Steve Smith and his long time “Big Lick” Trainer Mr. David Landrum of Franklin, Tennessee received a Horse Protection Act Violation Citation for “SORING” – at the Belfast Lions Club Horse Show – “SENSITIVE LEFT FOOT”.
*************** AT THE BELFAST LIONS CLUB HORSE SHOW **************
MR. DAVID LANDRUM HORSE SORING RECORD
U. S. SENATOR LAMAR ALEXANDER’S MISGUIDED “TENNESSEE TRADITION”
OUT OF TOUCH, MISINFORMED U. S. SEN. LAMAR ALEXANDER (R-TN)
But that is exactly what Mr. Smith and his Animal Cruelty Cabal have done.
TWHBEA has announced it is taking the money of its members and attempting to resurrect the “Belfast Lions Club Horse Show” on July 31, 2015.
The Show died last year because of the national controversy over the Animal Cruelty of the “Big Lick” Tennessee Walking Horse.
Under the guidance of Mr. Steve Smith and his colleague, Mr. Walt Chism, TWHBEA has seen a downward spiral in which over 20% of its members left from November 2013 to December 2014.
No one knows the current condition of TWHBEA because Mr. Smith and Mr. Chism will not make the numbers public:
- Cash on Hand
- Numbers of Foals Registered
- Number of Horses Transferred
- Number of Mares Bred
- Number of Voting Eligible Members.
The April – May edition of The Voice Magazine consisted of 36 pages.
Under Mr. Smith, TWHBEA finds itself isolated from the equine world. The American Horse Council sent TWHBEA’s membership check back because of the Animal Cruelty that Mr. Smith and Company champion.
On the other hand, the flat shod WHOA (Walking Horse Owners Association) is a welcomed member of The American Horse Council.
The TWHBEA numbers are so bad that TWHBEA will not make them available to the public.
Prior TWHBEA President and Executive Director Tracy Boyd fled the building in December 2014, giving two weeks notice. Sr. VP Mr. Walt Chism took over for Mr. Boyd.
Under Mr. Smith and Mr. Chism’s watch, the following has happened:
Since Fall 2014, over 42,000+ persons have signed Change.Org Petitions against the Animal Cruelty of the “Big Lick” Tennessee Walking Horse.
So far in 2015:
- University of Mississippi dissociates from Mississippi Charity Horse Show and refuses to accept donations due to national controversy over the treatment and handling of “Big Lick” Tennessee Walking Horses.
- The Announcer at the Mississippi Charity Horse Horse, Mr. Tommy Williams, was arrested on making Internet Threats to Sound Horse Advocate.
MISSISSIPPI CHARITY HORSE SHOW ANNOUNCER TOMMY WILLIAMS
- North Carolina Commissioner of Agriculture bans “Big Lick” Horses from the 2015 NC State Fair.
- Over 70% voted “NO” to The Decatur Daily online poll if”Big Lick” Walking Horse Trainers Show should have been held in Decatur, Alabama, due to previous horse soring violations.
- Over 7,500+ persons petitioned the USDA (United States Department of Agriculture) protesting the “Scar Rule” enforcement of the USDA.
- Over 5,500+ people signed a Change.Org Petition protesting the Animal Cruelty of “Big Lick” “Gulf Coast Charity Horse Show” in Columbia, Tennessee on Apr. 24-25. After one night, the Gulf Coast Charity Horse Show fled Columbia, Tennessee and moved to the Celebration grounds at Shelbyille, Tennessee.
- Citizens protests take place in Nashville and Columbia, Tennessee:
- Tennesseans meet with The Tennesseean newspaper Editors in Nashville:
- Over 5,500+ protest the Columbia Spring Jubilee on May 25-28, 2015 at Maury County Park. Citizens Protests planned calling for BOYCOTT of Animal Cruelty at Maury County Park.
TWHBEA PRESIDENT MR. STEVE SMITH A/K/A BIG DAN TEAGUE
“THE” BIG DAN TEAGUE
Radar says his pal “Midnight Sun” got out while the getting was good. (Note: Midnight Sun was removed from TWHBEA Headquarters by his Owners in 2013)
MIDNIGHT SUN PUTTING TWHBEA IN THE REAR VIEW MIRROR
Nephew Eugene says that Mr. Steve Smith and Mr. Walt Chism are hurtful to the Tennessee Walking Horse breed.
Both of them remind him of former Mississippi Governor Ross R. Barnett who the state of Mississippi is still trying to overcome, over 50 years later.