THETA, TENNESSEE – On April 25, 2015, Mr. James Bennett, Editor of The Daily Herald (Columbia, Tennessee) newspaper (while covering a Citizens Protest against the Animal Cruelty of a Big Lick Horse Show), prophetically wrote:’
“Walking horses are synonymous with Tennessee, just as thoroughbreds are to Kentucky. It’s a beautiful vision clouded by an ugly reality. The industry, crawling on its knees with two black eyes, stands on the precipice of a great comeback or a colossal collapse.”
CITIZENS BOYCOTT OF GULF COAST CHARITY HORSE SHOW (COLUMBIA)
It’s now mid-November 2015, and thanks to the 2015 Citizens Campaign Against Big Lick Animal Cruelty centered in the Southern states, the Big Lick Racket has definitely suffered the “colossal collapse” that Editor Bennett presciently portended.
35,000+/- SPECTATORS BOYCOTT 10 DAY TENNESSEE WALKING HORSE NATIONAL CELEBRATION (AUGUST 27 – SEP. 5, 2015)
The 2015 record to date:
- The University of Mississippi refuses to accept $50,000.00 from Big Lick Animal Cruelty.
- Ten public protests in Middle Tennessee, and the resulting publicity, turn public opinion against Big Lick Animal Cruelty resulting in Boycott of shows.
- Approximately 35,000 people boycott the 2015 Tennessee Walking Horse National Celebration.
- USDA Inspectors disqualify 35% of Big Lick horses
- Immediate former Celebration Chairman Mr. David L. Howard goes on racist rant and accuses African-American USDA Deputy Administrator Dr. Chester Gipson of “rank incompetence” and “trying to destroy a rich white man’s sport”.
- The videos related to “The Sore World of Gen’s Ice Glimmer (c) Tortured At MTSU” have now reached almost 2.5 Million persons, and seen by almost 1 Million people.
- Celebrity Big Lick horse trainer indicted for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon by driving a truck and trailer at a protestor, all captured on video.
- MTSU (Middle Tennessee State University), becomes ground zero in battle against Big Lick Animal Cruelty by its condoning the unethical treatment of animals when its President refuses to publicly sever all ties with Big Lick Animal Cruelty. And the official University spokesperson attempts to conceal that the MTSU Pre-Veterinary Society put on the “MTSU Walking For Education Horse Show” where Gen’s Ice Glimmer was tortured, and the fact that MTSU directly benefitted from the Big Lick Horse Show because the show’s profits went to fund a student scholarship.
- The Tennessee Walking Horse Breed Registry (TWHBEA) loses almost 30% of its members in the disastrous two-year reign of President Steve Smith.
This in-depth series topics will include:
- HSUS – Thorsport Brouhaha – Was it more a self-serving HSUS publicity stunt than a hard-hitting expose’ from which criminal prosecutions would result? Why wasn’t an USDA investigation opened regarding the matter? Why did no national news outlets cover the story?
- 2015 Celebration – USDA Enforcement of Horse Protection Act – The inside and outside of what went down including never seen before pictures including those of USDA inspections of Big Lick Horses.
- PAST ACT – The Past and Present, including all the drama of John Boehner – Ted Yoho – Wayne Pacelle – Ed Whitfield – Harry Reid – Mitch McConnell – Lamar Alexander, and an assorted cast of characters.
- Lawlessness of Big Lick – Acts committed while responding to a change in a “Way Of Life” centered around institutionalized Animal Cruelty perpetrated upon a gentle equine breed that is no longer socially acceptable.
BIG LICK HORSE TRAINER’S WIFE – GULF COAST CHARITY HORSE SHOW – COLUMBIA, TENNESSEE – MAY 30, 2015
- Sound Horse Factions – Shiny Rock Syndrome – Dysfunctional Secret Groups – Cat Herds – Peter Principle – Old Harpies – Turf Clutchers – I Told You So – Barking Chihuahuas, and much much more.
- TWHBEA (breed registry association) – Big Lick Macho Man Steve Smith and company dismanle an 80 year old breed registry, aided by the lack and failure of Sound Horse leadership, resulting in an over 30% loss of TWHBEA membership in 24 months, and draconian By-Law changes foreclosing future association growth.
- State of Tennessee vs. Mr. Jamie Lawrence felony case (Innocent until proven guilty).
- Gen’s Ice Glimmer – The hysteria, dysfunction, turfiness, irrationality, insecurity, general lack of historical perspective and rank ignorance displayed by some Sound Horse groupies regarding the potential impact of Gen’s Ice Glimmer in hastening the elimination of Big Lick Animal Cruelty.
- MTSU (Middle Tennessee State University) – Tennessee’s largest state supported university where the Big LicK Animal Cruelty Issue issue will be decided. A Big Lick Animal Cruelty culture is rooted at MTSU which apparently includes its President, Official Spokesperson, Athletic Director, Girls Basketball Coach, MTSU Foundation Executive Director, and the Director of MTSU Department of Agribusiness/Agriscience, among others.
So fasten your seat belts, Nephew Eugene says it’s going to be an interesting ride.
(*Note: There is a lobbying group led by residents of Pennsylvania, Michigan, New York and Virginia closely tied to the Humane Society of the United States. The All Americans Walking Horse Alliance, Inc., in support of the PAST ACT (Prevent All Soring Tactics) and leading the 2015 Citizens Campaign Against Big Lick Animal Cruelty in the Southern states where the SORING is being perpetrated, is not the same entity.)