(Editor’s Note: The end of a Year is a good time to take inventory – to reflect – to learn -and to avoid the mistakes of the past. Most importantly, it provides an opportunity to chart a wise and productive course in the coming year. The intent of this series of articles is to provide the necessary information and perspective to do just that).
2015 CITIZENS CAMPAIGN AGAINST BIG LICK ANIMAL CRUELTY (c) March 26, 2015 – May 17, 2015
THETA, TN – The Citizens Campaign Against Big Lick Animal Cruelty mounted a withering innovative attack in 2015 against the Big Lick barbarism plaguing the Tennessee Walking Horse breed. Citizens from Tennessee, surrounding Southern States, America and all over the World joined the cause for the humane treatment of the Tennessee Walking Horse breed. The Citizens won victory after victory in their relentless battle to vanquish Big Lick Animal Cruelty.
- March 26 – 28, 2015 – A Citizens Campaign Against Big Lick Animal Cruelty Billboard Blitz outside the Mississippi Charity Horse Show venue served notice and challenged the Big Lick Animal Cruelty going on inside the Fordice Equine Center:
Excellent coverage from premier journalist investigative reporter/anchor Marsha Thompson showed that the Big Lick didn’t control the Mississippi media:
MISSISSIPPI’S LARGEST TELEVISION STATION (WLBT-3) REPORTS “NATIONAL CONTROVERSY SURROUNDING THE ‘BIG LICK” – OVER 5,000 PEOPLE SIGN PETITION TO STOP “BIG LICK” COMPETITION AT MISSISSIPPI CHARITY HORSE SHOW
The “SORE BIG LICK” never saw that “Train A Coming” in Jackson, Mississippi.
PSHA – CELEBRATION BOARD MEMBER JEFFREY HOWARD
TENNESSEE WALKING HORSE NATIONAL CELEBRATION CEO MR. MIKE INMAN
MISS. CHARITY HORSE SHOW OFFICIAL MS. JOY SMITH
HORSE SHOW ANNOUNCER MR. TOMMY WILLIAMS
ATTACK ON REPORTER FOR WWW.BILLYGOBOY.COM
UNIDENTIFIED ASSAILANT THREATENS REPORTER
ASSAULT CASE OPENED BY HINDS COUNTY, MISSISSIPPI SHERIFF’S OFFICE AGAINST UNIDENTIFIED ASSAILANT OF AAWHA (ALL AMERICAN WALKING HORSE ALLIANCE) MEDIA REP – $100.00 REWARD OFFERED FOR THE IDENTITY OF THE SUSPECT
CASE OPENED WITH HINDS COUNTY, MISSISSIPPI SHERIFF’S OFFICE
BIG LICK TRAINER JACK WAY AND SHOW MANAGER MR. ROBERT TAYLOR
BIG LICK FANS “WHOOPING” AGAINST THE RAIL IN CHAMPIONSHIP CLASS
- March 27, 2015 – House Ethics Committee launched full-scale investigation into Kentucky Republican Rep. Ed Whitfield improperly aided his wife’s lobbying work for the Humane Society Legislative Fund.
- April 3, 2015 – National Walking Horse Trainers Show arrives in Decatur, Alabama.
- April 4, 2015 – Decatur Daily newspaper readers vote vote 70% NO for Decatur Celebration Arena to host National Walking Horse Trainers Shows.
DECATUR DAILY NEWSPAPER POLL VOTES OVER 70% NO FOR DECATUR “CELEBRATION ARENA” TO HOST TENNESSEE WALKING HORSE TRAINERS SHOW
- April 9, 2015 – FOSH (Friends of Sound Horses) President Teresa Bippen writes U. S. Secretary of Agriculture and supports the 2015 Citizens Campaign Against Big Lick Animal Cruelty Request for USDA Horse Protection Activity Reports.
- April 13, 2015 – Harold Marvin Wilson of Hampshire, Tennessee, with the Citizens Campaign Against Big Lick Animal Cruelty, started the following Change.Org Petition:
• APRIL 2, 2015 – ALABAMA – Over 70% voted landslide “NO” in The Decatur Daily newspaper online Poll Question: “Should Celebration Arena Have Hosted The Tennessee Walking Horse Trainers Show Given Its Previous Horse Soring Violations?”
- April 15, 2015 – The Citizens Campaign releases Facebook Video from Mississippi Charity Horse Show.
- April 17, 2015 – Chattanooga – Times Free Press newspaper endorses Citizens Campaign – Harold Marvin Wilson Change.Org Petition urging public boycott the Gulf Coast Charity Horse Show in Columbia, Tennessee set for April 25, 2015.
CHATTANOOGA TIMES FREE PRESS EDITORIAL – “PETITION BRINGS CAVALRY FOR THE HORSES” – LAUDS COUSIN HAROLD MARVIN WILSON’S CHANGE.ORG PETITION TO SPEAK OUT AND BOYCOTT “BIG LICK” ANIMAL CRUELTY AT COLUMBIA NEXT WEEKEND
- April 17, 2015 – Syndicated columnist Brother Roy Exum backs Citizens Campaign Against Big Lick Animal Cruelty BOYCOTT of Gulf Coast Charity Horse Show in Columbia, Tennessee:
BROTHER ROY EXUM CREDITS AAWHA (ALL AMERICAN WALKING HORSE ALLIANCE) FOR LEADING THE AMERICAN PUBLIC IN THE BATTLE AGAINST ANIMAL CRUELTY OF THE “BIG LICK” TENNESSEE WALKING HORSE – AAWHA AND FOSH PREPARE RESPONSES TO “USDA HORSE PROTECTION ACTIVITY REPORTS”
- April 20, 2015 – www.billygoboy.com and Brother Roy Exum syndicated column expose Big Lick Animal Cruelty in Giles County, Pulaski, Tennessee.
PART 1 – “AN INSIDE LOOK AT THE ‘BIG LICK’ TENNESSEE WALKING HORSE RACKET” – FROM ANIMAL CRUELTY IN GILES COUNTY, TENNESSEE TO ANIMAL CRUELTY WITH THE SAVIOUR HORSE “HONORS” – GILES COUNTY, TENNESSEE SHERIFF CRACKS DOWN ON “BIG LICK” TENNESSEE WALKING HORSE HORSE ABUSE
- April 23, 2015 – www.billygoboy.com article on Nashville Public Protest of Big Lick Animal Cruelty
**RALLY TO BOYCOTT “BIG LICK” TENNESSEE WALKING HORSE ANIMAL CRUELTY SET FOR 2:00 P.M., THURSDAY IN NASHVILLE – REPRESENTATIVES FROM ARKANSAS, GEORGIA, MISSISSIPPI AND TENNESSEE URGE BOYCOTT OF ALL “BIG LICK” SHOWS AND BUSINESSES SPONSORING THEM
- April 23, 2015 – Over 3,000 Facebook shares for the following www.billygoboy.com article – first Citizens Campaign Against Big Lick Animal Cruelty Pubilc Protest – on West End Boulevard – Nashville, Tennessee. The Tennessean newspaper sends a story, but does not publish a story.
- April 25, 2015 – Citizens Campaign Protest – Nashville, Tennessee.
CITIZENS CAMPAIGN PROTEST ON WEST END BLVD – NASHVILLE, TENNESSEE
- April 26, 2015 – Citizens Campaign Protest Gulf Coast Charity Horse Show in Columbia, Tennessee.
- April 25, 2015 – The Daily Herald (Columbia, Tennessee) newspaper Editor Mr. James Bennett:
“Walking horses are synonymous with Tennessee, just as thoroughbreds are to Kentucky. It’s a beautiful vision clouded by an ugly reality. The industry, crawling on its knees with two black eyes, stands on the precipice of a great comeback or a colossal collapse.”
– See more at: http://columbiadailyherald.com/news/local-news/no-horsing-around-tennessee-walking-horse-industry-cannot-afford-any-more-cheating#sthash.GHZKLWvp.dpuf
- April 25, 2015 – Assailant of www.billygoboy.com reporter identified at Citizens Campaign Protest Against Big Lick Animal Cruelty at Gulf Coast Charity Horse Show in Columbia, Tennessee.
- April 25, 2015 – Empty stands are proof that Maury County, Tennessee Public boycotts Gulf Coast Charity Horse Show at Columbia, Tennessee.
CITIZENS CAMPAIGN BILLBOARD – COLUMBIA, TENNESSEE
- April 30, 2015 – Blount County, Tennessee Circuit Judge Tammy Harrington takes Larry Joe Wheelon Motion To Suppress Search Warrant under advisement, Maryville, Tennessee.
So far in the last two years, this case has seen:
- Three judges
- Four Assistant District Attorneys
- Two Defense Attorneys
- A Defense attorney quit.
- An Assistant District Attorney quit due to stress.
- An Assistant District Attorney get elected Judge.
- An assistant District Attorney comes in from West Tennessee.
- A citizens petition demanding prosecution on Larry Joe Wheelon on animal cruelty charges.
- A Defendant get killed in an auto accident.
- The lead reporter covering the story dies.
- Another reporter moves to Hong Kong.
- Gunter and Wheelon get caught and suspended for “SORING” a Tennessee Walking Horse named “Shock It To Me” on July 21, 2014 at the Chestnut Hill show.
Miss Iva Butler – A Newspaperperson’s Newswoman
- May 4, 2015 – Citizens Campaign Against Big Lick Animal Cruelty animal welfare advocate Ms Laura Ousley of Knoxville, Tennessee started the following Change.Org Petition:
- May 17, 2015 – Blount County Circuit Judge Tammy Harrington throws out Search Warrant ending felony case against Big Lick Trainer Larry Joe Wheelon charged with 18 counts of Aggravated Cruelty to Tennessee Walking Horses.
WHEELON STABLES 2.1 MILES FROM BLOUNT COUNTY COURT ROOM
ANALYSIS AND COMMENTARY – USDA OIG AGENT JULIE MCMILLAN PULLED THE CURTAINS BACK ON THE ANIMAL CRUELTY OF THE “BIG LICK” TENNESSEE WALKING HORSE – BLOUNT COUNTY JUDICIAL SYSTEM APPEARS BUMBLING AT BEST, AND SUSPECT AT WORST
(TO BE CONTINUED WITH PART III) – December 31, 2015