PANAMA CITY BEACH, FL – A Change.Org Petition – Cancel 2016 “Big Lick Animal Cruelty” Tenn.Walking Horse Show – asking Panama City Beach to CANCEL and BAN a Big Lick Cruelty Horse Show – today roared over 900+ signatures before dark on its first day.
PANAMA CITY BEACH, FLORIDA – “World’s Most Beautiful Beaches”
Some Petition Comments:
- “Please cancel this show. Any horse show that features the Big Lick should be closed down for good. Thanks to a grass roots effort, the public is now aware of the abuse and torture endured by the TWH at the hands of Big Lick trainers, riders, owners, spectators and supporters. I hope this is the last time I have to sign a petition condemning this practice because, hopefully, no one will have the appetite in the future for the unnatural, unsightly, inhumane, Big Lick forced gait.” helen Roberts-Niemi, Cottage Grove, TN
- Because everyone knows how harmful to these horses these damn things are. So just stop it. How would you like to wear these? You wouldn’t believe me.” nancy morin, Tampa, FL
- Time to end the Big Lick! NO EXCUSE for this cruelty \ kathi gamble, Venice, FL
- It’s not natural for horses to walk in that hideous way with weights on their front feet – it’s animal cruelty at it’s worst! Susan Attenborough, Nottingham, United Kingdom
- you need hanging for the pain you cause these beautiful horses/ Christine SPENCE, France
- The pain and suffering of these animals is beyond any form of acceptability, this must stop before more horses are crippled by these people! Val Fay, Sarasota, FL
- I have seen with my own eyes the cruelty of the professional Walking Horse community. I can’t even believe that in 2016 it’s even legal at all. If you own a walking horse & claim to love horses then the only way to prove it is to quit competing in these barbaric shows. Have a spine. Yes, it’s a tradition but so was slavery. Karen Staley, Brentwood, TN
- Florida tourists should not have to visit a state that allows animal cruelty. TERESA BIPPEN, Hillsboro, MO
- What type of people could do this to a innocent animal? Janet Hunter, lehighacres, FL
- This is an obscene parody of horseman ship it is cruel and wicked and bring shame on the Unted Staes in the eyes of the civilised world Barbara Anne Chalkley, Kirkby in Ashfield, United Kingdom
- This is some of the most horrific treatment and abuse of horses I have ever seen…the pain these poor animals are in every hour of every day of their lives just makes me so so sad and extremely angry Amanda Marrow, Cork, Ireland
- Stop the cruelty! Rachel Isenhour, Port Richey, FL
- Please don’t allow the abuse of the great TN Walking Horse by chains and stacked shoes to compete on the Emerald Coast!! Tara Taylor, Mulberry, TN
- This abuse that causes such EXTREME suffering to these domestic animals is unconscionable in a civilized society. Since we seem to lack the ability to control the abuse, as evidenced by decades of unsuccessful efforts via legislation, it is time to put an end to the event(s) – not unlike cock fighting and dog fighting which are found to be inhumane. What these horses suffer is FAR worse. These events must be stopped as that is the only way to stop this abuse from happening. Shelly Brown, olympia, WA
- This form of torture to these beautiful horses should be abolished , now. The owners and trainers care nothing of the horses or they would not want to inflict the excruciating pain on them. Mary Anne Knowles, Winter haven, FL
- We must stop this torture of horses. Roy Vaninetti, Grant-Valkaria, FL
- This is animal abuse pure and simple. People need to be informed so they know that this is going on in our state. susan graf, milton, FL
- This is animal cruelty Kathy Sheridan, Malabar, FL
- This disgusts me no animal should ever be treated this way. Horses are gentle giants and if you take time with them they will do anything for you. Abuse in Florida seems to be on the up and up. Wardens need to get their heads outta their assets and start shutting it all down. Margaret Crawford, Bradenton, FL
Each Petition signature generates the following email which is sent to these elected officials and leaders of Panama City Beach, Florida:
Mayor Gayle Oberst, Panama City Beach, Florida Ms. Josie Strange, City Council
Mr. Dan Rowe, Tourism Development Council Executive Director
Mr. Mario Gisbert, City Manager, Panama City Beach, Florida
The people of America and the World do not believe that Panama City Beach, Florida – one of America’s favorite family vacation destinations – should host this shocking Big Lick Animal Cruelty.
Please CANCEL the 2016 Big Lick “Walking Horse Trainers Gulf Coast Horse Show”, and BAN it in the future.
Nephew Eugene says it will be interesting to see what the elected officials and leaders of Panama City Beach and Bay County, Florida decide to do now that this matter has been brought to their attention, and the thousands of people who step up to speak for these guys who can’t speak for themselves.
If they need to talk to a Floridian who happens to be an expert on “Big Lick Animal Cruelty”, this man is available:
TED YOHO (R-FL) – THIRD DISTRICT – FLORIDA