WASHINGTON, DC (WHITE HOUSE) (c) – Animal Welfare Advocate Mr. Wayne Pacelle recently sat down with the President of United States in the Oval Office, and asked for the President’s help to end the nation’s scourge of “Big Lick” Tennessee Walking Horse Animal Cruelty.
The President listened, and then gave his full backing, and instructed the Secretary of Agriculture Tom Vilsack to use the power vested in the Secretary by the Horse Protection Act of 1970, as amended, to do all things necessary to eliminate the pads and chains required for the “Big Lick” which is animal cruelty, and to have the USDA APHIS to assume direct responsibility for inspection of Tennessee Walking Horses at horse shows, ending the failed “corrupt” self-regulation.
The exemplary actions of Mr. Wayne Pacelle are a “game changer” because the PAST ACT’s chances of being enacted into law are nil as long as U. S. Senator Mitch McConnell, Jr. (R-KY) is the U. S. Senate Majority Leader. Senator McConnell’s term runs through 2020. The PAST ACT’s momentum has apparently stalled in the election year of 2016, with the last co-sponsor being added on March 3, 2016. Any group whose sole focus is spent on nothing other than advancing the PAST ACT is not likely to yield much success.
The Citizens Campaign Against Big Lick Animal Cruelty, with 10 public protests in Tennessee in 2015, and successful Change.Org Petitions resulting:
- University of Mississippi Medical Center refusing a $50,000.00 annual charitable donation to its Childrens Hospital, and severing ties with the “Big Lick” Mississippi Charity Horse Show;
- USDA publishing “Horse Protection Activity Reports” of inspection results on the USDA APHIS website.
- Resignation from Tennessee Walking Horse Celebration VAC (Veterinary Advisory Committee) by prestigious Hagyard Equine Medical Institute Vet Dr. Robert Hunt who was apparently lied to by representatives of the Tennessee Walking Horse National Celebration’s VAC;
- Rescue of “Big Lick” Tennessee Walking Horse Gen’s Ice Glimmer from going to slaughter by the Horse Plus Humane Society and Citizens Campaign Against Big Lick Animal Cruelty which purchased Glimmer at public auction on July 28, 2015;
“The Sore World of Gen’s Ice Glimmer – America’s Tennessee Walking Horse (c) – Tortured At MTSU” videos reaching almost 3,000,000 people exposing the cruelty of the grotesque Big Lick gait’;
30,000+ reduction in spectators at the 2015 Tennessee Walking Horse Superbowl (National Celebration);
- Citizens Campaign at MTSU (Middle Tennessee State University) exposed the “Big Lick” animal cruelty culture which has been in place at Tennessee’s largest state university for decades;
- Criminal conviction of “Big Lick” Horse Trainer Mr. Jamie Lawrence for assault against Ms. Teresa Bippen, President of FOSH (Friends of Sound Horses which took place at the Columbia Spring Jubilee Horse Show;
- Campaign against “Big Lick” Animal Cruelty at the Panama City Beach “Big Lick” Trainers Horse Show at the home of the “World’s Most Beautiful Beaches” in Panama City Beach, Florida.
- Citizens objection to the Tourist Development Council providing $25,000.00 tourism tax money to Horse Show Organizer Ms. Martha “Sister” Martha Milligan who faces a federal Complaint against her for two alleged violations of the Horse Protection Act (Animal Cruelty) at the 2013 Panama City Beach “Big Lick” Horse Show.
- Boys & Girls Club of Bay County severs ties with Panama City Beach “Big Lick” Horse Show.
The Citizens Campaign Against Big Lick Animal Cruelty; FOSH (Friends of Sound Horses); and WHOA (Walking Horse Owners Association) have led the way in advancing the welfare of Tennessee Walking Horses. Special thanks and recognition to the American Horse Council, ASPCA, Humane Society of the United States, AVMA (American Veterinary Medical Association, Animal Welfare Institute and others for providing support inside the beltway in abolishing the “Big Lick”,
Mr. Wayne Pacelle determined, and the Citizens Campaign Against Big Lick Animal Cruelty agrees, that the most feasible way to abolish “Big Lick” Animal Cruelty is for the public to fully support the President’s courageous action in directing the Secretary of Agriculture to (United States Department of Agriculture) to do all things necessary to end it.
ANIMAL WELFARE ADVOCATE – MR. WAYNE PACELLE
PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES BARACK OBAMA
LEAD SPONSOR OF THE PAST ACT – REP. DR. TED YOHO (R-FL)
CITIZENS CAMPAIGN AGAINST BIG LICK ANIMAL CRUELTY
In his meeting with the President at the White House, Mr. Pacelle spoke on behalf of the victim of Big Lick Animal Cruelty, Gen’s Ice Glimmer, TWHBEA Registration #20404770, BloodType #TWT050457, and all his brothers and sisters.
GEN’S ICE GLIMMER, TWHBEA Registration #20404770, BloodType #TWT050457
U. S. SECRETARY OF AGRICULTURE TOM VILSACK
MS BERNADETTE R. JUAREZ, USDA APHIS DEPUTY ADMINISTRATOR
On April 3, 2016, www.billygoboy.com broke the following story of the new Federal Regulation which will eliminate the “Big Lick”:
Here is Equus Magazine article, April 4, 2016, by Ms. Fran Jurga:
PANAMA CITY BEACH, FLORIDA (25 MILES NORTH OF PCB)
ALAQUA ANIMAL REFUGE CONFERENCE – E. O. WILSON BONAPHILIA CENTER APRIL 9, 2016
Mr. Wayne Pacelle attended a conference Saturday, April 9, 2016, outside Panama City Beach, Florida which will be the scene of the Citizens Campaign Against Big Lick Animal Cruelty, and the “Citizens Campaign Protest” set for 3:30 p.m., on Thursday, April 21, 2016, at the Panama City Beach City Hall, and then to the Panama City “Big Lick” Horse Show held at the city owned Frank Brown Park.
Mr. Pacelle was hosted by and introduced to the conference attendees by Ms. Laurie Hood, founder of the nationally recognized Alaqua Animal Refuge in Freeport, Florida.
HUMANE SOCIETY OF UNITED STATES OFFICIAL MR. WAYNE PACELLE
MR. WAYNE PACELLE AND ALAQUA ANIMAL REFUGE SUPPORTERS
After his presentation, Mr. Pacelle met with Citizens Campaign Animal Welfare Advocate Clant M. Seay, who said,
“We applaud Mr. Pacelle’s resolve and determination for going to the White House, and making the difference in this determined fight to eliminate the “Big Lick” Animal Cruelty. We are now on the verge of victory, and the public opinion validating the President and Secretary of Agriculture, more than any other factor, will lead to the abolishment of “Big Lick” Animal Cruelty. We welcome Mr. Pacelle and Representative Ted Yoho (R-FL), and all Americans, to join us at Panama City Beach, and at future peaceful public Protests of “Big Lick” Animal Cruelty.”
Nephew Eugene says Gen’s Ice Glimmer conveys a “special thanks” to Mr. Wayne Pacelle for his efforts with the President of the United States, and now urges everyone to come to Panama City Beach, Florida, and “Take It To The Beach”