THETA, TN – Last week a visitor came up to Theta. He wore a turban and took a seat on the front porch at the Hilltop Market, In his hand was a hermetically sealed envelope.
Nephew Eugene happened by the store to get himself some vienna sausage, hoop cheese and crackers for lunch, along with a moon pie, and a cold RC Cola to wash it down.
He recognized the man as “Carnac The Magnificent”.
With his public country education, Nephew Eugene realized opportunity when he saw it.
So he offered Carnac a cold RC, and asked him what was in the envelope?
Carnac The Magnificent said inside the hermetically sealed envelope was THE ANSWER to what was going to become of USDA Secretary of Agriculture Tom Vilsack’s proposed Federal Regulation to remove the “Pads and Chains” to abolish the “Big Lick” Animal Cruelty to Tennessee Walking Horses.
Carnac The Magnificent opened the envelope and said on either Thursday or Friday, Dec, 15 or 16, 2016 – the proposed Federal Regulation (Docket ID APHIS-2011-00090) to the Horse Protection of Act of 1970, as amended, will be published the Federal Register and have the full effect of law.
Carnac The Magnificent said the tell tale clues include:
- APHIS Deputy Administrator Bernadette R. Juarez November 29, 2016 letter:
- DAY 90 – FINAL COMMENT TOTALS
TOTAL FOR: 70,292 (95%)
TOTAL AGAINST: 3,641 (5%)
TOTAL COMMENTS: 73,933
- Bi-Partisan Support For Abolishing “Big Lick” Animal Cruelty
- The amazing CCABLAC (Citizens Campaign Against “Big Lick” Animal Cruelty) – “We Speak FOR ‘The Horses’ Who Cannot Speak For Themselves!”
- WE, The People” – CCABLAC (Citizens Campaign Against “Big Lick” Animal Cruelty) to Tennessee Walking Horses was started in February 2015, when a Change.Org Petition was filed asking the University of Mississippi Medical Center to sever all ties with “Big Lick” Animal Cruelty, and not accept a $50,000.00 annual contribution from “Big Lick” Animal Cruelty.On March 6, 2015, the University of Mississippi publicly severed all ties with the “Big Lick” Mississippi Charity Horse Show in Jackson, Mississippi, and it refused to accept any more charitable donations from the activity.Since then, we have fought for “The Horses” from the Gulf of Mexico at Panama City Beach, Florida, to the Blue Ridge Mountains of Asheville, North Carolina.CCABLAC public protests against “Big Lick” Animal Cruelty:* West End Blvd., Nashville, Tennessee – 2015* Columbia, Tennessee – Gulf Coast Charity Horse Show – 2015* Columbia,Tennessee-Columbia Spring Jubilee Horse Show – 2015(2)* Tennessee Walking Horse National Celebration – Shelbyville, TN (4)* MTSU (Middle Tennessee State University) (2) – 2015* Panama City Beach, FL – City Hall & Convention Bureau – 2016
* Tourism Development Commission – Panama City Beach, FL – 2016
* City Council Meeting – Panama City Beach FL – 2016
* Panama City Beach, FL “Big Lick” Horse Show – City Park -2016
* Columbia Spring Jubilee Horse Show (2) -Columbia, TN – 2016
* Tennessee Walking Horse National Celebration – (4) – 2016
* Tennessee State Fair – Nashville, TN – 2016
* North Carolina Championship (3) – 2016
* Tunica Fall Classic – Tennessee Walking Horse National Celebration at Tunica, MS – 2016
* Equus Film Festival – New York, New York
* Times Square – New York, New York
* Franklin Marriott – Franklin, TN – Christmas “Get Together”
* Agriculture Commissioner Jai Templeton – State of Tennessee
* Governor Bill Haslam – State of Tennessee
CCABLAC animal welfare advocates appeared before USDA Public Hearings on August 9, 2016, and on September 6, 2016, speaking eloquently “FOR” the proposed USDA Federal Regulation to remove the “Pads and Chains”, and abolish “Big Lick” Animal Cruelty to Tennessee Walking Horses.
Nephew Eugene told Mr. Carnac The Magnificent, in the words of the late Elvis Aaron Presley, “Thank You, Thank You Very Much!”.