Theta, Tennessee – The Citizens Campaign Against “Big Lick” Animal Cruelty (CCABLAC) recently presented four CCABLAC Awards to noteworthy persons who have contributed significantly in the battle to remove the “Pads and Chains” from Tennessee Walking Horses to end the “Big Lick” Animal Cruelty.
These 2017 CCABLAC Award Designees include:
- Former U. S. Senator Joe Tydings (D-MD) – Washington, D.C.
- Mr. Jeremy Sagaribay, Asheville, North Carolina
- Mr. Clay Harlin, Franklin, Tennessee
- Ms Lori Northrup, Ellicottville, New York
- U. S. Senator Joe Tydings (D-MD)- CCABLAC “Lifetime Achievement Award” – Father of the Horse Protection Act of 1970, and steadfast advocate to end the “Big Lick” Animal Cruelty. Senator Tydings is joined in this video by CCABLAC animal welfare advocate Ms. Christina Gray and Clant M. Seay, Publisher of BIllyGoBoy.Com.
- Mr. Jeremy Sagaribay – CCABLAC “Animal Welfare Advocacy Award” – Officer of Asheville Voice for Animals. AVA joined with CCABLAC in the October 2016 Citizens Protest of the North Carolina Championship “Big Lick” Horse Show at the Western Carolina Ag Center in Asheville, NC.
Mr. Jeremy Sagaribay – Asheville Voice For Animals Members
The BillyGoBoy.Com video of the Saviour Horse “Honors” (2016 World Grand Champion) was featured in the March 2017 video: “Here’s What Soring Does To Horses” by DoDo Impact Productions:
- Mr. Clay Harlin, CCABLAC “Profiles In Courage” Award -Grandson of Harlinsdale Farm Founder Mr. Wirt W. Harlin and Son of the late Mr. Bill Harlin. In 1998, Mr. Clay Harlin told the truth that “Soring” was a problem for the Tennessee Walking Horse breed, As a result, the “Big Lick” Walking Horse Trainers tried to blackball historic Harlinsdale Farm (Home of Midnight Sun and Pride of Midnight), and put it out of business. Mr. Clay Harlin had to leave his family owned Harlinsdale Farm (circa 1935) in order for it to survive.
- Ms. Lori Northrup – CCABLAC Lifetime Achievement Award” – Ms. Lori Northrup has done as much, or more, than any person living to give “The Horses” Who Cannot Speak For Themselves a voice, and to bring an end to “Big Lick” Animal Cruelty to Tennessee Walking Horses. She has been extraordinarily generous with her resources and time and organizational skills to accomplish this goal.
BillyGoBoy.Com – Speaking Truth To Power Since 1996.